PDA

View Full Version : Radio Cage And Trim Kit?

IcyDeath
05-15-2008, 03:07 PM
So the previous owner of my car installed a Pioneer head unit with mp3. It is a nice unit, but they did a semi sloppy job. The trim ring that fits around the radio (usually comes with the radio you buy) is non-existent. Thus, you see around the edge of the dash kit the cage sticking out and it's kinda bent on the edges and sharp.

An audio store said they can order both parts but it needs the trim ring and cage and it's $50. Then another $50 to properly install, since I do not trust myself. Anyone know where I may find these parts cheaper? I tried ebay, but nothing.

liquid cooled
05-15-2008, 07:04 PM
^ you shouldnt need a cage you should need an dash kit and then just iso mount it with the screws on the side, hope your factory harness isnt all hacked up.

Dude all that stuff is on ebay and a bunch of other places, just got to crutchfield to look at what you need. Its going to be a metra dash kit and i dont have the number right now, scoshe also makes a color matched one (crutchfields prices are higher but they provide good service).

Agent-Smith
05-20-2008, 05:11 PM
shoulb be able to order one direct form the radio manu.