PDA

View Full Version : Swapped ep's - anyone running an ingalls ETD?

SinisterCivicSi
05-15-2008, 03:51 PM
http://www.ingallseng.com/parts/ETD/93026.htm

i just noticed the part about:

"ALL Engine Torque Damper Kits are designed to install on vehicles with STOCK Engines Only. These Kits are NOT compatible with engine swaps."

i just picked up an ETD, and now i guess i cant use it? :mconfused:

K-Shark
05-15-2008, 03:56 PM
i read something that doug posted about ETD and he advised not to use them...

might wanna check with talonXracer first...the almighty ep3 everything guru.

SinisterCivicSi
05-15-2008, 03:58 PM
lol yeah.... i was going to pm him like i do every other day of the week when i have 5 or 6 random questions, i felt bad and wanted to give him a break from my ignorance for a night. lol

i wore him out last night with questions about gauges, adaptors and metric fittings. :mbiggrin:

shadowmd
05-15-2008, 04:00 PM
well it fit on my a2 SWAP! lol....but then again the a2 and a3 are indentical on exterior dimensions

SinisterCivicSi
05-15-2008, 04:53 PM
yeah... i didnt think about the k24 being taller... shit... i gotta sell mine now. :mfrown:

shadowmd
05-15-2008, 06:59 PM
have u tried fitting it yet? cause i would think it would still fit since the dampener is adjustable......i mean cause its got move-able joints, u can angle the dampener etc.....

SinisterCivicSi
05-15-2008, 07:11 PM
well... if its not suggested to use it, then i am not going to... i dont wanna jack it up when i can sell it and get back the money we spent on it.

:mfrown:

shadowmd
05-15-2008, 07:14 PM
true...just wasnt sure how MUCH taller the k24 really is

SinisterCivicSi
05-15-2008, 07:16 PM
i think they said 19mm, which is over half an inch. i never thought about the engine height.

i would have already tried to put it on but i dont have the 2 or 3 nuts that go on the motor mount bolts. i was going over to ingalls to see if i could just buy the hardware... when i noticed that warning.

02_epdriver
05-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Other than this issue sorry Mary, why is the TD bad to use. I have one and it holds the engine pretty sturdy which is a good thing we need.

ALL MotoR Ep3
05-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Other than this issue sorry Mary, why is the TD bad to use. I have one and it holds the engine pretty sturdy which is a good thing we need.

she never said it was bad to use...she said when she bought it..she didnt read where it said she couldnt use it on swaps and mary has a k24 swap in her ep3.

Kerby
05-16-2008, 03:39 AM
My guess would probably be that the ETD causes preload on probably a engine mount.

Falcon7
05-17-2008, 03:21 AM
When I still had my K24A1 in my car, I used the Ingall's ETD with no problem. It will fit fine.

ALL MotoR Ep3
05-17-2008, 03:33 AM
When I still had my K24A1 in my car, I used the Ingall's ETD with no problem. It will fit fine.

you just might be lucky Mary because he said it worked for him on his k24a1 motor...so it should work on your k24a4 motor...good luck

02_epdriver
05-17-2008, 04:59 AM
she never said it was bad to use...she said when she bought it..she didnt read where it said she couldnt use it on swaps and mary has a k24 swap in her ep3.

I know she said that. I'm talking about when she said that Doug doesn't think they are really good to use. I wouldn't see why they would be bad since they serve a great purpose

SyckSiR
05-17-2008, 08:10 AM
ETD will be fine on a k24......tho innovative mounts are your best bet....I wouldnt use a ETD myself either.....just doesnt seem right that it only hooks up in one spot and on one side of the engine.....seems like it would create some side to side tension between the motor and the chassis.....maybe if you had an etd installed in four spots...seems like it would put too much stress on that one strut tower too....

wil524
05-17-2008, 08:37 AM
Use the Innovative mounts, they are well worth the money and work better.

SinisterCivicSi
05-17-2008, 10:57 AM

yeah i think its a great thing to have, but i didnt think about the whole k24 being taller and possibly throwing off the "points" on which this etd was designed. the one i have is for a k20a3 - not a k24. if its not recommended from the manufacturer, then they put up that warning for a reason... and with my luck something will happen. lol

Use the Innovative mounts, they are well worth the money and work better.

eventually i will switch over to better mounts... but i had the etd and wanted to put it on, until i saw that.

i was just curious if they made ones for swapped ep's... i guess not yet.

thank you everyone for your input and advice, its very much appriciated.

davisj3537
05-19-2008, 08:06 PM
I rocked out the etd on my k24a1 and it fit almost the same as it did on the a3.:music:

clizoman
05-19-2008, 08:10 PM
yeah... i didnt think about the k24 being taller... shit... i gotta sell mine now. :mfrown:

it works with my k24. youre just not mounting it right. and yes it fits and its functional. the deck height has nothing to do with the height of the motor. the triangle mounting spot on the k24 is lower.