PDA

View Full Version : Supercharge A3 or A2 Swap

shortstop
05-17-2008, 03:20 PM
probably has been asked a lot but on a local forum i was seeing what people think and besides the usual bashing of the ep3, they were saying jrsc fuel management, k pro would not be good enough to hit 13's. I just said i wanted a little more zip not to be the fastest thing around (have turbo'd ek) so I was wondering if anyone has hit 13's with it and what they run with A2 swap.:mbiggrin:

playap07
05-17-2008, 05:41 PM
probably has been asked a lot but on a local forum i was seeing what people think and besides the usual bashing of the ep3, they were saying jrsc fuel management, k pro would not be good enough to hit 13's. I just said i wanted a little more zip not to be the fastest thing around (have turbo'd ek) so I was wondering if anyone has hit 13's with it and what they run with A2 swap.:mbiggrin:

i think guardian was in the 13 when he had his boosted a3. hes k24 now running low 13 maybe 12. but im turboing my a3, supercharging is weak in my eye but you said you dont want to be the fastest thing but it will have some zip though. i think to supercharge a a3 is alot cheaper than to swap it.

whats your goal? to hit 13s or just to have like 180 - 220hp??

NrGiNnY14
05-17-2008, 05:45 PM
the jrsc option is alot cheaper. i have the jrsc-s and the race kit is going on next month. i put down 182whp and 165ft-lbs with jrsc-s/cai/h/tp/e. it's really fun and having power right when i step on it is nice. i don't know about hitting 13s though, but i did stay right next to my friend with a mustang gt from 30-110mph and he ran 13.8 last time at the track. plus the sound of the whine is nice

shortstop
05-17-2008, 08:20 PM
looking more for hp numbers i guess you could say. just someone on the site said 13's were not do'able. i think i have my mind set on the jrsc with bolt ons. I have been browsing threads on here and someone mentioned supercharger.com? any other cheaper places? would used be bad?

Guardian
05-17-2008, 09:18 PM
i think guardian was in the 13 when he had his boosted a3. hes k24 now running low 13 maybe 12. but im turboing my a3, supercharging is weak in my eye but you said you dont want to be the fastest thing but it will have some zip though. i think to supercharge a a3 is alot cheaper than to swap it.

whats your goal? to hit 13s or just to have like 180 - 220hp??

shit im about to break in the 11's son:mcool: full interior at that

i dont see you hitting 13s with the jrsc buy my turbo kit instead.

playap07
05-17-2008, 09:25 PM

damn dude! 11s! thats on point! wat was your best time with the a3?

v1c10us
05-17-2008, 09:35 PM
I'd like to see what welltall hits in a quarter mile
especially after he gets that new gearset cause as it is his first gear lasts like a second and second is gone in a flash as well.

shortstop
05-18-2008, 10:12 AM

11's?:meek: WATCH OUT! be very impressive. i am gonna stay away from turbo on this car as my coupe has b16a2:mconfused: turbo. Is there a supercharged sticky anywhere that i'm not seeing? I see lots of old posts from '04.:twitch:

kaisertj
05-18-2008, 09:53 PM
looking more for hp numbers i guess you could say. just someone on the site said 13's were not do'able. i think i have my mind set on the jrsc with bolt ons. I have been browsing threads on here and someone mentioned supercharger.com? any other cheaper places? would used be bad?

check out jerseyjew, he was doing low 13's with his jrsc-r with boltons. Hell, I did a 13.8 with mine on toyo's lowered to 24 psi. Can be done no problem with good driving. Definately gonna see much higher gains with a turbo, but for overall simplicity and a good streetable powerband, the jrsc will do just fine. Numbers will range from 180-250 whp depending on supporting mods and tune. Panthrasher was hitting 250+ whp with his, oogyboogy was also damn close to that. If you need any help, feel free to PM anytime.

Strife
05-18-2008, 10:42 PM
For what it's worth, the K20A2 has a lot more potential and options as far as modding goes. But supercharging your A3 might be more cost effective.

civichbsi209
05-19-2008, 10:38 AM
11's?:meek: WATCH OUT! be very impressive. i am gonna stay away from turbo on this car as my coupe has b16a2:mconfused: turbo. Is there a supercharged sticky anywhere that i'm not seeing? I see lots of old posts from '04.:twitch:

server crashed or something like that which deleted all of our useful information we created over the years. 13s is doable in a jrsc race and bolt ons and some weight reduction and alot of time practicing.

epshtielsl
05-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Neither, keep it stock. I see no point in having two modded cars. Keep the EP as a DD and put the money into your EK. One money pit is bad enough...

Draw7Seven
05-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Neither, keep it stock. I see no point in having two modded cars. Keep the EP as a DD and put the money into your EK. One money pit is bad enough...

Along that line of thinking, and that you're looking more towards HP, do an A2 with bolt-ons. You can tune that with K-Pro to (usually) just under 200 WHP, and you'll keep the daily driveability on your EP3 and get to have more fun in the real money pit.

civichbsi209
05-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Along that line of thinking, and that you're looking more towards HP, do an A2 with bolt-ons. You can tune that with K-Pro to (usually) just under 200 WHP, and you'll keep the daily driveability on your EP3 and get to have more fun in the real money pit.

or

6-speed & hondata it should make it zipper and a gas saver on the free way :P 3k rpm at 80 mph :P.

shortstop
05-19-2008, 03:47 PM
well i thought about selling the ek but still undecided on that. i see everyones point and appreciate all the info. would 6spd lsd be better with supercharged A3 or stock lsd?

civichbsi209
05-20-2008, 08:36 AM
well i thought about selling the ek but still undecided on that. i see everyones point and appreciate all the info. would 6spd lsd be better with supercharged A3 or stock lsd?

I assuming your thinking about the 2006+ civic si 6spd lsd transmission? I believe the conversion is do-able but might have trouble with speed sensor because of low voltage reading vs high voltage reading or something like that. Generally if your swapping a 6 spd in i believe the best candidate are the 02-04 rsx-s transmission. As far as what is better for boost a 6spd w/ lsd or a 5spd w/ lsd? for boost purposes the talling gearing in the 5spd will be better for you, but the 6spd gearing would be better for dailying driving IE: freeway.

shortstop
05-21-2008, 07:30 PM
I assuming your thinking about the 2006+ civic si 6spd lsd transmission? I believe the conversion is do-able but might have trouble with speed sensor because of low voltage reading vs high voltage reading or something like that. Generally if your swapping a 6 spd in i believe the best candidate are the 02-04 rsx-s transmission. As far as what is better for boost a 6spd w/ lsd or a 5spd w/ lsd? for boost purposes the talling gearing in the 5spd will be better for you, but the 6spd gearing would be better for dailying driving IE: freeway.

someone was talkin bout a2 block with a3 head to get everything to fit my needs.

epshtielsl
05-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Dunno why you would use the a3 head. Just swap in a complete K20a2 or K24a2. It's always good to start with a better platform. A JRSC-R K20a3 isn't really that fast, plus you would need full bolt ons (JRSC + Kpro + RH + E + I = mad $$$$$). Just get the swap and call it a day.

As for the EK, sell it. More money for the EP :mbiggrin:

shadowmd
05-22-2008, 04:23 AM
n/a ftw....swap that bish....want some encouragement? :mangel:

civichbsi209
05-22-2008, 07:25 AM
someone was talkin bout a2 block with a3 head to get everything to fit my needs.

switching out your k20a3 block in general would be a nicer bottom end and you wont have to worry about your bottom end crapping out on you if you plan to do more then jsut jrsc. But then your restricting your self with the set-up of the k20a3 and s/c. The gains for just the block of the k20a2 would not even be cost effective when your k20a3 block should surffice with the current power combo your using. The only reason I would suggest you get the k20a2 vs the k20a3 is if you change your power add mod to a turbo and had a k20a2 bottom end available and did not have the funds to purchase forged internals instead for the k20a3. It doesnt make sense to swap your bottom end if your sticking with the s/c, unless you plan on adding more boost + methanol/nos. At that point where you will be introducing more power/abuse on your bottom end then maybe you can think about upgrade for stock parts or swapping out the k20a2. A swap for the power combo you plan on using doesnt make sense, unless you plan on do more in the future. And as the other member mention if your going that route, a k24a1 would be cheaper or then a k20a2 complete. There really no point of just getting the k20a2 if your doing just jrsc. It be better to buy forged internals/k20a2 crankshaft and swap oil pan.