PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using a 3" pulley on there JSSC-R

LaoKidd2k
05-17-2008, 06:12 PM
wondering if anyone is using the 3" pulley for the a3. since i got one i was wondering if i should use it or get the 3.8" like everyone else.

i got the k20z1 head on the a3 bottom and was wondering if it will be overkill if i use the 3" pulley. the previous owner says the 3" on the a3 is like 13-15psi of boost.

RoyVegasPinoy
05-17-2008, 06:23 PM
The problem I've read with that in past threads was that the JRSC wasn't made to boost that much. It wasn't designed to spin that fast.

MR.Pizza
05-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Don't run that pulley. The problem isn't the speed but the heat generated by the blower at that boost level.

ep3er
05-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Don't run that pulley. The problem isn't the speed but the heat generated by the blower at that boost level.

I was told this wheni began inquiring about running a smaller pulley than the 3.8.

MugenReplica
05-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Reasons a 3.0" pulley would NOT be good for you....

-You are running the wrong CRANK pulley to properly take advantage of the 3.0" pulley. You would need to swap to the K20a2 crank pulley and that would put you somewhere in the realm of 11psi if you did do that.

-You would almost immediately blow something attempting to do this. Your boost would shoot to 15psi of boost give or take a psi.

-You would detonate like a mofo without some sort of HIGH octane, some sort of cooling system, proper injectors/fuel system and a proper tune.

-M62 blowers efficiency isn't as good after 11-12psi and even at that boost level its debatable whether its efficient without an aftercooler, intercooler, or some sort of water/methanl injection system to cool down the blower.

-You really would need a return line and applicable pump to run properly.

-Belt tension with the JR manual tensioner would be a nightmare and I'm sure you'd shed belts like Paris Hilton loses clothes.

So yea.....bad idea with the current crank pulley you have installed. I would recommend the 3.8" or 3.7" pulley and call it a day. They are almost equivalent to the 3.0" with the K20a2 crank pulley installed and would not require changing the crank pulley to run plus would keep the blower rpms down a tad.

LaoKidd2k
05-19-2008, 05:53 PM
thanks guys i'll put the 4" pulley on for now and when i get more money i'll get the 3.8" and then get a proper tune

4angrybadgers
05-20-2008, 05:39 AM
thanks guys i'll put the 4" pulley on for now and when i get more money i'll get the 3.8" and then get a proper tune

You'll love that extra bit of oomph from the 3.8 and tune. :mbiggrin:

oogy-boogy
05-20-2008, 05:48 AM
Def a no.

After looking at your members ride I would recommend that you have your throttle body bored and port match the JR housing that connects to the TB.

Also, what is the diameter of your Injen? Is it the 3"?

LaoKidd2k
05-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Def a no.

After looking at your members ride I would recommend that you have your throttle body bored and port match the JR housing that connects to the TB.

Also, what is the diameter of your Injen? Is it the 3"?

The injen cai is i think 2.5".
i know i need the 3" and that way more air will go through. i was thinkin about just replacing the TB with a aftermarket one.

just don't have the funds for that yet. next month is the one year aniv for me and the gf so i need to save some cash for her gift.

coastiejack
05-20-2008, 02:20 PM
dude.....the 3.8 is awesome just you wait.......

LaoKidd2k
05-20-2008, 02:23 PM
dude.....the 3.8 is awesome just you wait.......

is that you jovon?

jerseyjew
05-20-2008, 03:16 PM
The 3.8" pulley is for punks :mangel:

oogy-boogy
05-20-2008, 03:18 PM
i know i need the 3" and that way more air will go through. i was thinkin about just replacing the TB with a aftermarket one.

just don't have the funds for that yet. next month is the one year aniv for me and the gf so i need to save some cash for her gift.

If you pick up the 3" and sell yours it's a wash. :mwink:

Don't buy an aftermarket TB. Waste of $. If you're worried about down time save your cash, buy another TB and send it out to get bored. After swapping them you can sell your OEM TB.

Good man...treat the GF. :mcool:

coastiejack
05-20-2008, 06:47 PM
is that you jovon?

YES SIR IT IS

cHaRL!e
05-20-2008, 10:51 PM

get her a bored tb and a 3.8" pulley :mtongue:

now that i think about it.. our (me and my gf) 3 year anniversary is coming up in a few months.. haha damn i'm on the same boat as you.

Good luck with your install man. I'm gonna be installing mine in about 3 weeks if i can piece together all of the parts