PDA

View Full Version : Need some help Now.

o4ep3civ
05-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Ok. I am in the process of installing HID's in my car right now and for some reason they are not turning on. I think theres nothing wrong with the ballast of the bulbs. I had them plugged in before and they turned on. Now they don't. The stock bulbs work when I plugged them back in. It seems they aren't getting power. I started doing the drivers side and had them all hooked up and they didn't turn on so I went ahead and did the passenger side and they don't turn on either. Everything is brand new. I can't find out what the problem is.

Anyone know?

Zavy
05-17-2008, 10:55 PM
I know if you touch those bulbs with ur hands... they wont work. That could be the problem.

v1c10us
05-17-2008, 11:06 PM
they'll turn on for like 30 seconds and the oil on your hands ruins the bulb.. Or thats what they say, although i've touched many HID bulbs and never ever had a problem.
remove the kit and apply power to whatever sort of plug your kit is getting the power from. you may have to take 2 wires from the battery and poke them to the little prongs in the plug that hooks to the OE socket.

If it works then then you've got something weird going on, but its worth testing.

o4ep3civ
05-17-2008, 11:25 PM
I took some wire and ran it from the battery to the ballast connector and they did turn on. I'm there must be something wrong with the wires from the car. Does anyone know what I should check? I need to get my car back together for tomorrow!

o4ep3civ
05-18-2008, 12:23 AM
I got it. I had it plugged in wrong Ha.:rofl:

KrypTOniTE
05-18-2008, 05:58 AM
:whoo: