PDA

View Full Version : Greddy Evo2 Rattle/Knock

mrpotatohead
05-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Ok so this is driving me insane. it hits here and there but it really has a continuous metal on metal vibration almost directly underneath the ebrake handle under the car. especially when its raining out and cold. i thought it might be at the race header flange but i'm not sure. i'm running the jrrh and the greddy evo2 exhaust. any solutions? i read a little while ago about someone having this problem and they fixed it with a hanger of some sort, but didn't give a pic to describe it. any help would be great. this sound is driving me nuts.
thanks
james

03Si757
05-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Its most likely the midpipe hitting the brace under the car, I had this issue and I had the race header pipe modified to angle more down wards, worked like a charm. Or it may just be shorter hangers, but I believe if you go with longer hangers you will have to maybe do all 4 that hold the mid pipe and the axle back, cheep fix either way, I spent $40 getting my header modified. Best bet to avoid waisting gas, is to go to a Local mom and pops muffler shop, alot of corporate shops like Big Al's or Midas or places like that wont touch your exhaust becaust of not CAT. Just FYI.

mrpotatohead
05-18-2008, 11:00 AM
i'll look into that man. i need to get the car up on a lift and see what i can do. would a different exhaust fix the problem?

Jman900
05-18-2008, 01:26 PM
its probaly hitting at the bend in the exhaust after it connects to your cat/rh. i put some heat wrap on my exhaust to get it to stop.