PDA

View Full Version : dam you turbo

roboticfailure
05-18-2008, 01:16 PM
I got back from the track last night after having some major issues with the new version of kpro (new version of kpro = the devil) well on the way back home I could hear something making a scraping noise under the hood, when I got home today I found out it is the turbo's compressor wheel scraping the wall of the inlet it only does it under a light load but is sounds pretty bad.has anyone else had this issue ,the odd thing is the shaft doesnt appear to have any play in it at all but you can clearly tell where the noise is comming from,the turbo itself is only about 6 weeks old its a precision sc-50.so what are my options here.

playap07
05-18-2008, 02:21 PM
i think thats what happen to jeenyuss's turbo! holla at him. i think he sent it in cause there is a warrenty on it. they may repair it and send it back to ya!

weltall
05-18-2008, 02:23 PM
thats what happened to my first 35r with only 5 miles on it

i bet the thing is oil starved check the return

if its scraping the CHRA needs to be replaced

basically a new turbo minus the housings

roboticfailure
05-18-2008, 02:50 PM
crap,crap and more crap. yeah when we first did the turbo the oil drain was to small and the turbo began to burn oil through the seals we basically did the return the first time like the greddy kit did it but that was a bad idea after redoing the dam thing 3 times we finally got it.and no oil being burnt since then,but could that have eventually led to the problem that I am having now.

playap07
05-18-2008, 03:35 PM
did you buy a kit or is your turbo set up custom?

roboticfailure
05-18-2008, 04:00 PM
no its a completley custom kit I just sent an email to the place where I got the turbo from regarding any type of warranty, I dont know if they will replace it or not but the shop is in puerto rico, and I really can have the car down for a long period of time its my girlfirends daily driver,so I might just order another turbo monday and have it sent overnight.

stepintoliquid
05-19-2008, 12:42 AM
precision has a one year warranty on their turbos. get in touch with them and see what they say.

roboticfailure
05-19-2008, 02:29 AM
i didnt get it directly from precision,but I did get in contact with the seller he said it is under waranty and I can get it fixed but the turn around time is way to long for me to wait, so it looks like Ill be sheading some cash to buy another one and just sell the current one when I get it back, oh well time to go sc-61.