PDA

View Full Version : Megan shorty vs a2 stocky

blkep3man
05-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Sooo laides, i just wondering if the power between the two in the k20a3 would make any difference at all.. i have the megan shorty but i kinda wanna go toward the stock look with a little power a2 stocky header, if i can put it on directly bolted on with no mods. ANY WHO!

please let me know if theres a thread on here about these two headers or please post up some useful info

Thanks!! ^^

jtyler05si
05-19-2008, 12:41 PM
i have been looking into the same kinda thing.....

suposedly from what i was told, what i want is suppose to bolt right up...
A2 header -> A2 cat -> A2 midpipe -> EP3 Axle-back....

i kind of wonder about length on the midpipe, if it is going to match up or not to the axle back.... if not i can weld the flange back or whatever not a problem....

dont know if that helps or not but nobody else has posted... also chromecoyote (i think thats his name) knows a whole lot about this... pm him

Mickey
05-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Sooo laides, i just wondering if the power between the two in the k20a3 would make any difference at all.. i have the megan shorty but i kinda wanna go toward the stock look with a little power a2 stocky header, if i can put it on directly bolted on with no mods. ANY WHO!

please let me know if theres a thread on here about these two headers or please post up some useful info

Thanks!! ^^

You will also need an A2 cat and midpipe to use that A2 header. (more $$$)
Stay with that Megan shorty. Power wouldnt be that noticeable anyway.
Good luck Steve!!!

thechromecoyote
05-19-2008, 12:57 PM
i have been looking into the same kinda thing.....

suposedly from what i was told, what i want is suppose to bolt right up...
A2 header -> A2 cat -> A2 midpipe -> EP3 Axle-back....

i kind of wonder about length on the midpipe, if it is going to match up or not to the axle back.... if not i can weld the flange back or whatever not a problem....

dont know if that helps or not but nobody else has posted... also chromecoyote (i think thats his name) knows a whole lot about this... pm him

Thanks for the shout out :mbiggrin:

The a2 header works on our car, but you need to pair it with an a2 Cat, and an a2 midpipe. If you have all these pieces, it will bolt up directly to your axleback with no pipe modifications whatsoever.

The a2 exhaust system flows a lot better than ours and its a pretty simple swap. Cost wise its affordable if you go used OEM.

The biggest bottleneck in our system is the midpipe, followed by the cat. The reason the full RSX-S swap works so well is that it replaces both with higher flowing components. Simlple header upgrades wont do much for you unless its a race header.

jtyler05si
05-19-2008, 01:23 PM
damnit you say it so well....
atleast i remembered it correctly after you gave me that speech :mbiggrin:
i was sure i said something incorrect

KevinEP3
05-19-2008, 01:30 PM
I have the megan short header and tsudo cat back everything bolted up nicley. I had problems getting the bolts of the stock header i would suggest soaking them with wd-40 or something like that overnight and ever few hours up to taking it off. i used something my dad had came in an orange can sorry i cant remember the name of but im sure somebody does on here.

Kodeen
05-19-2008, 01:40 PM
I was pricing this whole swap for new 05 parts, and the cat was like $1,500. Screw that, I'm gonna get a Type-S specific RH and get a high flow cat welded in there.

The midpipe was reasonable, though. Like $150 new.

skoundrelusa
05-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Would using an A2 header, A2 cat, and an AFTERMARKET RSX-S catback work as well on a EP3?

I ask this because my friend gave me his RSX-S catback exhaust for free. And I'd wanna do the DCRH to it, but don't know if it will work

thechromecoyote
05-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Would using an A2 header, A2 cat, and an AFTERMARKET RSX-S catback work as well on a EP3?

I ask this because my friend gave me his RSX-S catback exhaust for free. And I'd wanna do the DCRH to it, but don't know if it will work

Yes, and no.

The Midpipe from the catback would be fine, but yous still have to use an EP3 specific axleback.

As far as buying it new, you cant. The Cat alone is going to cost you in the $1000+ range. You need to browse your local section of clubRSX or Hondatech and see if anyone has a used one for sale. Cost wise they usually charge around $100 for them.

blkep3man
05-24-2008, 05:56 PM
my good info guys thanks u, so ill stick with what mickey said and stay with the megan shorty, i did not know that i needed a2 header a2 catback and midpipe just to make the header work lol ^^ plus wit no reasonable gains

thanks a bunch!!:mbiggrin:

skoundrelusa
06-03-2008, 07:22 AM
Yes, and no.

The Midpipe from the catback would be fine, but yous still have to use an EP3 specific axleback.

As far as buying it new, you cant. The Cat alone is going to cost you in the $1000+ range. You need to browse your local section of clubRSX or Hondatech and see if anyone has a used one for sale. Cost wise they usually charge around $100 for them.

But if I just did a RSX-S DCRH to the RSX-S aftermarket catback I wouldn't have to worry about the cat right? Since the DCRH eliminates the cat. Just axleback fitment correct?

thechromecoyote
06-03-2008, 07:24 AM
But if I just did a RSX-S DCRH to the RSX-S aftermarket catback I wouldn't have to worry about the cat right? Since the DCRH eliminates the cat. Just axleback fitment correct?

yep yep. Should all bolt up to the EP3 axleback

but just remember to keep your stock system around for inspection time. :playball: