PDA

View Full Version : Low volt/battery light issues

mcgoo721
05-18-2008, 07:32 PM
So i just bought my 02 civic Si, and it's been a dream driving it after my 95 buick lesabre. for once just driving my car, at the speed limit, is a huge release after the work week. anyway on to the problem;

9 days into owning, the alternator went. battery was original, or appeared to be atleast, replaced that. did the alternator of course. only thing is, beforehand and now, the battery light doesn't come on at key on. it obviously didn't come on as it was dying. we checked all the wires and fuses associated with it, and a lot that weren't but were just hoping heh. has anyone had this problem? im not too worried about it as we've checked and the alternator is charging and working fine, im just wondering how difficult this fix is.

i want everything working fine on it, and i suppose im lucky if this is the only issue, minus the alternator that's just bad luck heh. well and minus each day for 3 days after buying it, there was a new dent including paint and a scratch on bumper (people need to learn how to drive, and thanks to whoever keyed my wing im getting a type-r one anyway. ass.)

itchy5
05-19-2008, 08:55 PM
maybe the bulb in the cluster is out. just a guess cause it should show up on ignition