PDA

View Full Version : type-s/k24 head swap

mcgoo721
05-18-2008, 07:48 PM
how difficult is it to do other K series head swaps on these? specifically they type-s's. wanna look into it, as i wanna build up my a3 for awhile, then when im done with schooling and such do a k24 with a type-s head swap build.

a3's don't seem popular to build though, i mean people do them but lots of swaps out there and my buddies joke i got a fubar K motor haha, i still would like to build it up though to be unique (around here atleast)

thanks for the help guys.

crhatch02
05-23-2008, 05:03 PM
how difficult is it to do other K series head swaps on these? specifically they type-s's. wanna look into it, as i wanna build up my a3 for awhile, then when im done with schooling and such do a k24 with a type-s head swap build.

a3's don't seem popular to build though, i mean people do them but lots of swaps out there and my buddies joke i got a fubar K motor haha, i still would like to build it up though to be unique (around here atleast)

thanks for the help guys.

ever put on a pair of socks?....about as easy as that

mcgoo721
05-23-2008, 05:27 PM
haha, nice. man i looked into B series cars so much, this K series is quite the curve ball. from what ive read too, sounds like k24 head would be better, as the type-s head outflows it only at higher rpm's and this motor doesn't see all that high revs anyway.

to clear up any confusion, i mean a k24 head onto an a3.

talonXracer
05-23-2008, 05:36 PM
For the cost of a complete A2 head, you could find a K24A1 longblock. Both will need Kpro.

03ep3 stapel
07-26-2008, 01:34 PM
just buy the longblock youll be satesfied