PDA

View Full Version : About to change out my Progress Endlinks

Danman281
05-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Do I still need to re-use those spacers and washers from the progress ones? I bought some HotChkis Endlinks (way better quality btw), and it only came with one washer and one nut on each side.

Its a simple swap... but any tips or advice you want to give me before I start?

K-Shark
05-19-2008, 02:21 PM
have ALOT of grease ready and slab that shit all over it before you install...

Danman281
05-19-2008, 02:30 PM
have ALOT of grease ready and slab that shit all over it before you install...

grease for the spacers? (If I re-use them???)

Do i need to lift up the rear?

K-Shark
05-19-2008, 02:47 PM
grease for any moving part. it will help lubricate and protect against friction and debris.

and when i installed my rear sway bar i didn't have to lift the car...

Danman281
05-19-2008, 04:29 PM
grease for any moving part. it will help lubricate and protect against friction and debris.

and when i installed my rear sway bar i didn't have to lift the car...

Thanks Shark, I ended up just removing both old endlinks so they could slide easily and then I hand tightened the new ones on. No need to lift up the rear.

Heres the instruction guide (http://www.hotchkis.net/files/installation_guides/25405.pdf) on Hotchkis's Website I found earlier for anyone else doing the same.

On the side note, concerning the squeaking problem this sway bar commonly has, I strongly believe that it comes from the bar and the bushings that hold it in place. While I had my endlink's removed, I was able to rotate the bar freely up and down. As I did that, the bar replicated almost the same squeaking noise that is made when I'm driving.

However, during my test drive, there was significantly see "squeak-age". But that could be due to the fact that the sway bar moves less. (Because I think I installed it wrong...).

BTW, is there a way you can install this wrong?

Danman281
05-19-2008, 05:11 PM
pic of mine
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/danman281/HotChkisEndlinkRearRight.jpg

mutt
05-21-2008, 04:36 PM
regarding the squeak: wrap a couple layers of teflon tape (pipe thread sealant) around the bar, where the bushings ride. Did mine about 6 mo. ago and it's still quiet. The silicone grease that progress sent lasted about 2 weeks before it started squeaking.