PDA

View Full Version : catback exhaust?

twisted
05-19-2008, 04:13 PM
i got my new catback exhaust today i am going to put it on tonight.
And i just wanted to know if i should use lock tight on the bolts.

thanks for all the help

IWASHATCHED
05-19-2008, 04:21 PM
I wouldn't. It would be a royal pain if you ever decided to take your exhaust off and besides, it's not really called for anyway.

RedSiBaron
05-19-2008, 04:32 PM
i got my new catback exhaust today i am going to put it on tonight.
And i just wanted to know if i should use lock tight on the bolts.

thanks for all the help

use antiseize, that will help you undo them later...

KevinEP3
05-19-2008, 06:52 PM
i didnt use anything on mine just bolted them down without any problems.

twisted
05-19-2008, 06:57 PM
thanks i have one more ?
the three nuts on the cat did u reuse them

RHCP0801
05-19-2008, 07:09 PM
yea use antiseize, they are a huge bitch to take off after you have the exhaust on a long time and sometimes you gotta heat them up they get so stuck

twisted
05-19-2008, 09:06 PM
thanks for all the help
i got it on and i sounds great

Breakep3
05-20-2008, 12:48 AM
Check the bolts in a few days or week. Always do this on the intial install of exhaust parts, just make sure they are bolted down good.

Don't ignore this post either, take 5 minutes and make sure the bolts are tight, don't want that $600 exhaust on the highway =)

RedSiBaron
05-20-2008, 06:24 AM
i didnt use anything on mine just bolted them down without any problems.

you arent going to have trouble bolting it down without antiseize (which i should mention does act as a thread lubricant) but good luck getting them off down the road when the metal has gone through lots of heat cycles :mwink:

thanks i have one more ?
the three nuts on the cat did u reuse them

if you reused them (now that you have it on) id go get new ones and put them on when you get them, my stock nuts have 63k on them and im dropping the exhaust tomorrow, im not even going to think about undoing them, they are so badly rusted they would just round...shit i cant even see the edges of hte hex on them...ill just drop the cat with my midpipe and cut off the midpipe...

Check the bolts in a few days or week. Always do this on the intial install of exhaust parts, just make sure they are bolted down good.

Don't ignore this post either, take 5 minutes and make sure the bolts are tight, don't want that $600 exhaust on the highway =)

i 2nd that:mwink:

kspec03
05-21-2008, 02:50 AM
just do it..