PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious..

PoRT
11-13-2002, 11:18 AM
how many people in here, besides me, are actual TRUE racers? by true, i mean like hardcore. people that would yank the brand new engine out of their car to do a swap. i know miamijdm is. basically, i live for this shit, lol, i do nothing all day but try and find ways to make my car faster.. plan and develop. hehe im just curious who i will be competing with for the faster EP ;) as soon as these engines are figured out and have to aftermarket mods for them, im all over it. right now i am trying to find as much info as i can about a head swap with the type R. let me know if anyone knows anything further

ssvr6
11-13-2002, 11:38 AM
I'm hardcore, I just don't have the cash to support my habbit.

:)

I'll be racing at quite a few events next year and what's left of this year.

Steve

PoRT
11-13-2002, 11:44 AM
I'm hardcore, I just don't have the cash to support my habbit.
lol.. good answer.. i know that feeling oh too well.

ssvr6
11-13-2002, 11:52 AM
My previous Addictions...

91 Jetta GLi 2.0 16v

http://www.parts4vws.com/images/members/ssvr6/Jetta_Side.jpg

Exterior:
Quad Round Grille Conversion
Kamei Upper Spoiler
Euro Side Markers
Clear Front Signals

Interior:
Kenwood HU
Rockford Fosgate Speakers
Pioneer Amp
LA Sound Crossover

Engine, Trans & Exhaust:
1.8L Head
P&P with 3 angle valve job
TT Sprocket
Eurosport Exhaust
Eurosport Chip
K&N Filter
Modded Air Box
ABD Short Shifter
Velocity 8mm wires
NGK Plugs
ARP head bolts
Bottom end rebuilt

Suspension, Wheel & Tire:
ABD Strut Tower Bar
Neuspeed Sway Bars (F&R)
Power Slot Rotors
Mintex Pads
Stainless steel brake lines
5 16" BBS Moda Rims on Yok A520's, 1 spare in trunk.
New OEM motormounts
Energy Poly bushings
H&R Cup Kit

98 GTi VR6

http://www.parts4vws.com/images/members/ssvr6/a3g_me1.jpg

Exterior:
De-Badged

Interior:
Kenwood CD Player
New Dimensions Cup Holder Gauge Pod
Autometer Ultra Lite NOS Pressure Gauge
Autometer Ultra Lite Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge
Razo Aluminum Look Pedals

Engine, Trans & Exhaust:
Turn 2 Motor Mount
Neuspeed P-Flo
Neuspeed P-Chip
Removed Resonator
NOS 80 dry shot (#05124)
Stealth Arming switch for N2O
Stealth Purge Button for N2O

Removed driver side head light and extended the P-Flow with some solid AC ducting for a "Ram Air" effect at the track.

Suspension, Wheel & Tire:
Dunlop SP8000's

I should have never gotten rid of my VR6.... it was fast as hell.

Steve

jaydub
11-13-2002, 12:00 PM
I think most of us fit in ssvr6's definition, most of us would LOVE to be hardcore racers, but our wallets don't support the habit. :dunno:

I couldn't even support this habit.
http://www.dubfusion.com/jetta/jetta3.jpg

LordKoo
11-13-2002, 12:04 PM
Just wondering if you have the extra $$$ to spend, why not go for something really hardcore like Porsche or BMW, which is fast straight from the factory?

If I want a fast car and race, I would save up and buy a M5 and bring it to track...

PoRT
11-13-2002, 12:13 PM
b/c there is no fun in that.. i had a 12 sec mustang that i loved. i hated to get rid of it, but i wanted something more challlenging to make fast. more challenging = more fun. i think i am more enthused about building this civic than i ever was about my stangs. i been racing things since i was about 6. i started racing mini bikes and bmx. then went to motocross and raced that untill about 6 months ago when i almost killed myself lol. i have been building mustangs for about 7 years now. they are just too simple. i like racing, i like modding, i like building. yeah, one of those cars would be nice, but if i had $50k in my hand, i would STILL have bought this car and modded it out. that way when that person in the porsche gets his ass handed to him by a civic, i can just smile while he goes and pouts :D

atl-si
11-13-2002, 12:51 PM
I am the first to admit that I am a wannbe racer!:D LOL! Anyways, my last car was a Mit. Eclipse GST with some mods. I miss the speed of my Eclipse very much but I love the reliability of my EP. I need to go fast...lack some $$$$.