PDA

View Full Version : painting interior pieces

jh604
05-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Im going to paint some of my interior pieces. I'm wondering if I should just paint them for use some sort of cleaner or degreaser on them first? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance to all!

civiCholo
05-19-2008, 06:48 PM
if you're painting anything, you want to be sure you start with a clean surface and a surface that has been prepped correctly so the paint adheres to it properly... i would suggest wetsanding any peices you have with a fine grit sandpaper... personally, i would start with 1000grit... after sanding it, besure you clean it with water or window cleaner or something that will take any debris off of the surface area... then mask off anything you don't want painted and start painting... i would suggest painting a good 3-4 coats with a minimum of 5min between each coat... after all that is done, wetsand again with a highergrit sandpaper... not sure what's next... 1200grit??? anyways... after you've lightly sanded and smoothed out the surface, clear it if you want a glossy finish... if you want it to be matte, then leave it as it... good luck bro...

jh604
05-19-2008, 09:54 PM
thanks for the info man!