PDA

View Full Version : k20a2 crank

shortstop
05-19-2008, 09:39 PM
i think i have read that its a decent power adder to the a3. maybe i am misinformed but i can't find where to post this or look it up. bolt right up or need modification or not worth it? Found one for 150/offer local. Take or leave?

v1c10us
05-19-2008, 09:59 PM
take it and get it micropolished/balanced

4angrybadgers
05-20-2008, 05:32 AM
The crank itself won't add any power (a2 and a3 have the same stroke). With other upgraded parts, it can allow you to safely rev higher than stock internals.

talonXracer
05-20-2008, 05:41 AM
The A2 crank will gain you nothing in WHP. If you do use the crank you will need to swap the rods as well (different rod journal bore dia's).

JuicyJoint316
05-21-2008, 02:13 PM
OR...you can do this. i bet ima get wtf y from saying this but dont knock ....just swap bottom ends. put the a2block/a3 head and u have everything without swapping internals..

my friend did this to his teggy, he has itr block/ls head and he even said it himself hes impressed with the setup but hes not gunna keep it for long. Hes gunna turbo it and put a vtec head on it lololol. i dont think its EVER been done on any kseries motor but its like having a frank.

shortstop
05-21-2008, 07:26 PM
OR...you can do this. i bet ima get wtf y from saying this but dont knock ....just swap bottom ends. put the a2block/a3 head and u have everything without swapping internals..

my friend did this to his teggy, he has itr block/ls head and he even said it himself hes impressed with the setup but hes not gunna keep it for long. Hes gunna turbo it and put a vtec head on it lololol. i dont think its EVER been done on any kseries motor but its like having a frank.

nice work. never thought of that but that fits what i am lookin for cause then i could still get the ep super charger and like you said have everything else. hmmm....so many decisions. looks like i need to sell the ek:mbiggrin:

lldiesel386ll
08-05-2008, 11:09 AM

definitely right about getting a fair share of wtf's...:mrolleyes:
if you are switching off the whole bottom end of a superior block, why would you go off and maintain the crappy head that the a3 has? if you are swapping a bottom end out for an a2, swap the whole damn thing--the whole engine will be out of the bay already anyway. don't skimp out, and go and get kpro :thumbu:

from what i understand you are looking towards building the engine (if you are ripping the whole block apart thats what i get from it)--kpro should be on the top of your priority list.

lldiesel386ll
08-05-2008, 11:11 AM
nice work. never thought of that but that fits what i am lookin for cause then i could still get the ep super charger and like you said have everything else. hmmm....so many decisions. looks like i need to sell the ek:mbiggrin:

the ep supercharger fits both the a2 and a3--the manifold design is different to accommodate the fact that we have less space up front than the rsx

shortstop
08-16-2008, 09:52 PM
ok. i have to make up my mind here. Do I...

A) Sell my 99 civic gsr turbo and supercharge kpro i h e the A3

B) Keep the 99 and keep the A3 stock

C) Sell the 99 and keep the A3 stock

motor swaps are out of the question and the kicker is I found out I am going to have a baby:mtongue: YAY! :mcool:

T_Virus
08-17-2008, 10:27 PM
ok. i have to make up my mind here. Do I...

A) Sell my 99 civic gsr turbo and supercharge kpro i h e the A3

B) Keep the 99 and keep the A3 stock

C) Sell the 99 and keep the A3 stock

motor swaps are out of the question and the kicker is I found out I am going to have a baby:mtongue: YAY! :mcool:

I choose B

kenscivic
03-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Keep the a3 block swap internals.. Oil squirters = t3h gh3y.