PDA

View Full Version : help!

SwA
05-20-2008, 10:58 AM
while im driving, i hear this metal scratching sound around my wheel area. im not too shure if its my brake but my break works good right now. also, while im reversing, i hear something under my car and it sounds like something is stuck or something. it makes knocking sound or something like that. Lastly, below your oil light, the yellow light, sometimes it comes on and sometimes it turns off while im driving. help please im a total noob!!

oogy-boogy
05-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Is the sound constant or does it go away when braking? When does the sound occur? All the time?

Need more details.

SwA
05-20-2008, 11:06 AM
the sound comes on sometimes such as while im driving it makes that noise eventhough im not braking. i dont know whats wrong with my car!

FoReVaPmP
05-20-2008, 11:07 AM
ball joint???...or ... what is it called..... (isht, I can't think of the part I'm thinking of) :-(

talonXracer
05-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Lastly, below your oil light, the yellow light, sometimes it comes on and sometimes it turns off while im driving. help please im a total noob!!

The only symbol below the "oil light" is the Check Engine Light, or CEL. You have a CEL. The code must be read with a OBDII scan tool. Go to Auto-Zone and have the code read, they do it for free. Make sure to get the code NUMBER and not just the description, as Honda uses different definitions for alot of the codes, and then post up back here.

SwA
05-20-2008, 01:43 PM
why is the code number so importent?

4angrybadgers
05-20-2008, 01:45 PM
why is the code number so importent?

The descriptions that the store's machine prints out are generic OBD2 descriptions, and the code may actually mean something different on a Honda. You need the code number to look it up on Honda's official DTC list.

Kodeen
05-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Am I correct in thinking that he must have two different issues since OBD-II shouldn't be dealing with what sounds like a possible suspension-related problem?

SwA
05-20-2008, 02:02 PM
ill go to auto zone today to get a free check up and post it