PDA

View Full Version : ABS & brake light came on

cease
05-22-2008, 08:58 PM
can anyone help me out. today my abs and brake light came on while driving and i dont know why. i checked my brake fluid level, it's at normal level and my brake pad's are not worn out

thanks

cease

MugsyTheGr8
05-22-2008, 09:22 PM
can anyone help me out. today my abs and brake light came on while driving and i dont know why. i checked my brake fluid level, it's at normal level and my brake pad's are not worn out

thanks

cease

any fuses blown?

cease
05-22-2008, 10:43 PM
i didnt think about checking the fuse, ill check it tomorrow. thanks

talonXracer
05-23-2008, 06:14 AM
You could also have a disconnected, damaged ABS sensor.

88crx
05-23-2008, 11:02 AM
You could also have a disconnected, damaged ABS sensor.

My rears keep ripping the wires. They get smashed in between the suspension and the body.

I've given up fixing them haha.... ABS sucks anyways.

oneglory
05-23-2008, 11:12 AM
do the paper clip procedure..the abs system has codes just like the cel. it will tell you what is wrong with the system.

RedSiBaron
05-23-2008, 01:23 PM
do the paper clip procedure..the abs system has codes just like the cel. it will tell you what is wrong with the system.

whats this paper clip procedure???? honda wants 50 bucks to check my abs codes and im trying to figure out which of my abs sensors are bad...i got them with my brakes and the guy just threw them in the box with the rest of the brake parts, so its garunteed atleast one is not working...i hate that abs light, i want it gone so i can pull my fuse for the abs and know it will work when i reinstall it (if i reinstall it)

socal_brandon2
05-23-2008, 04:48 PM
whats this paper clip procedure???? honda wants 50 bucks to check my abs codes and im trying to figure out which of my abs sensors are bad...i got them with my brakes and the guy just threw them in the box with the rest of the brake parts, so its garunteed atleast one is not working...i hate that abs light, i want it gone so i can pull my fuse for the abs and know it will work when i reinstall it (if i reinstall it)

http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail.php?Tech_ID=CEL

:msmooch:

RHCP0801
05-23-2008, 04:57 PM
its probably one of the abs sensors...those things go bad occasionally and they suck to replace because they always crack when you try to take them out of the whole and than you gotta drill it out

oneglory
05-23-2008, 05:00 PM
I took 3 of mine out and soldered/epoxied them...they work perfectly.

cease
05-24-2008, 11:48 PM
i checked my wireing and it looks good. i noticed when i turn off the engine and then turn it back on, all the lights reset, but if i go past 40mph the abs and brake light turn on.

Ill to the paper clip check tomorrow.

koi_killa
05-25-2008, 09:10 PM
i checked my wireing and it looks good. i noticed when i turn off the engine and then turn it back on, all the lights reset, but if i go past 40mph the abs and brake light turn on.

do you have a blown strut/ live in an area that has ALLOT of hard bumps?

i had a blown strut that i was driving around on for a while and every now and then the abs light and brake light would come on, but go away after a restart.

zee

team ERA 5
05-25-2008, 09:44 PM
oh damn! what happened to your hydraulic jack avatar? lol. still rocking the hfps?

MidnightRacer59
05-25-2008, 09:56 PM

I've been experiencing the same issue just receintly, I'll be checking things out tomorrow! :mwink:

cease
05-27-2008, 10:46 AM
do you have a blown strut/ live in an area that has ALLOT of hard bumps?

i had a blown strut that i was driving around on for a while and every now and then the abs light and brake light would come on, but go away after a restart.

zee

come to think about it ive been lowered on my stock shocks for 5 years. i think their blown. that can cause for the lights to come on?

oh damn! what happened to your hydraulic jack avatar? lol. still rocking the hfps?

im still rolling on the hfp wheels.