PDA

View Full Version : D3 Double X Brace

EricP3
05-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Can you still buy these? I checked the website and it is non existant. I was also looking at the Carbing underbrace and that looks pretty good. Does anyone know which one is better? Also, should I get a front sway bar as well as the under brace or is that unnecessary? Thanks guys.

last i read, before the ephatch crash, the double x-brace and v-brace was no longer in production for the ep. you should call D3 and ask to verify. maybe they might have a few leftovers on hand.

civictype_r04
05-23-2008, 01:48 PM
last i read, before the ephatch crash, the double x-brace and v-brace was no longer in production for the ep. you should call D3 and ask to verify. maybe they might have a few leftovers on hand.

I heard that to before the site wen t down. But I remember them sayin they will be back to selling them again sometime in the future.

BaLisTek
05-23-2008, 03:24 PM
so much for that warranty eh?

Dr. Design
05-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Hello,
We have stopped production of both the Double X-Brace and the Rear V-Brace. However we still have a few V-Braces in stock (most likely we are going to do a blow out sale).

As for the warranty, it is still in tact. Website is down. If you would like to place an order you can either call in your order or PM me the info.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3
562-988-2090

hyjnx
05-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Dr man u gotta start sellin these again. u should just do an ephatch exclusive. and make em for anyone who wants them and have them broadcast around the site that they are producing them so people can buy em i know i would and obviously alot of others will

EricP3
05-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Alright, thanks guys. Does anyone know how the Carbing brace compares to the double x brace?? Here is the link to it on Showstoppers http://www.showstoppersusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_21_23&products_id=943 I know Carbing makes good stuff so I might have to go with this. ALso can anyone comment on if it would be worth it to get a front sway as well as this brace or is that not necessary? Thanks guys.

getting a bigger front sway depends on what you want to do.

some people that auto-x may say that it's best not to, as you'd want a soft front end.

if you just dd your car and want a stiff front end, then go ahead. it's not necessary to get one with an underbrace though. most people dont upgrade to a bigger front sway bar.

and i'm pretty sure the double x-brace has more mounting points than the carbing, or any other underbrace.

Dorachagi
06-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Well, I guess it doesn't help you much if you can't gt them anymore, but the double-X brace feels fantastic, the front is much stiffer and more planted at all times, and in hard and sharp high-speed turns with some wiggle room (for example, taking a left turn at a light at high speed) the front is so braced that you get alot of steering feel, I can tell exactly where the grip level of the fronts is going to be exceeded and just balance it there with the throttle without washing wide. No bounce or shudder from the front at all in situations like that anymore, just grip and then progressively breaking loose, although tires will certainly be part of that too. For reference I have stock suspension other than the xx brace and an DC5-R rear sway with CorSport endlinks, and I run BFGoodrich G-Force Sports on stock '05 wheels, so nothing special.
I think any similar product is going to have that kind of feeling, but I don't think anything but the D3 is going to make as large of a difference, it is one hell of a solidly built piece. I was unable to get one through Dr. Design when I wanted to buy mine, but I just kept checking the classifieds 'til one came up and pounced on it.
The bad points: my heat shield around the catalytic converter rests on the brace and makes a fairly annoying rattling sound, expecially with A/C or if the car is cold, haven't bothered getting under the car to remove the heat shield since it's not really hurting anything I can't cover up with loud music. Not sure if similar braces have the same problem or just the D3. Also it does reduce ground clearance a bit, you can see mine in my sig picture behind the front wheel peeking out. I'm at stock ride height and don't have any problems over speed bumps or anything, but if you're lowered it could be an issue.

Oh, and changing your front sway is totally not necessary. If you do change it go for a smaller one to promote oversteer, or as a cheaper and easier solution that keeps you stable on the street and sharper on the track, just disconnect one endlink of your stock front sway before autocrossing and voila, softer front end for more grip and an increased tendency to oversteer a bit. You will have increased body roll, but the XX brace should somewhat counteract that.

bunk
06-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Get an EM2 front sway if you want to "upgrade"