PDA

View Full Version : Front Right Speaker Buzz

anson
05-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Ok, its getting really annoying, tried the big three, headunit and amp are grounded correctly, but the noise doesn't go away, its used to be in the front set but after grounding the amp to a better location it went away to just the front right!?
Any ideas? I tried new RCA's and speaker wire already, didn't do anything, RCAs are JL Speaker wire is 16ga Monster basic....

anson
05-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Oh, also when the speakers were wired to the HU it didn't have this problem, just off an amp. And, yes i did try a different amp same problem.

SyckSiR
05-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Oh, also when the speakers were wired to the HU it didn't have this problem, just off an amp. And, yes i did try a different amp same problem.

sounds like u need to check ur crossovers bud....make sure that the amp is set for midrange not high or low....

james04si
05-23-2008, 02:07 PM
did you run the amp power and the rcas/speaker wires down the same side? it may be interference from that. Make sure that you run the power and signal wires down different sides of the vehicle. also if possible intersect the cables at right angles if you must cross the cables. If the issue cleared from one side when moving your ground it may be a grounding issue. make sure that it is grounded correctly. sand the area around where you plan to ground the cable. also a crossover frequency has absolutly nothing to do with noises on the system.

anson
05-23-2008, 04:00 PM
OK, "polished" ;) the ground point and also rechecked it with the MMeter...Checked amp settings running on "through" off the head unit and speaker crossovers...
Power wire is down the driver side, RCA's are all running through the center console under then under the seat. Only time the two see each other is when at the amp
This is getting really annoying...Could it be the fact that the speaker wire is so close to the fan/blower? Isn't that thing just a giant magnet?

Teejay
05-25-2008, 08:59 AM
follow the speaker wire make sure its not cut or touching the body anywhere. also check the two coil wires on the speaker make sure they are not leaning on each other. If they are components it could be a bad crossover. Dont run the rca's down the middle, run them down the right side cause there are to many power wires in the middle and left side of the car.