PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Window Problem

Danman281
05-23-2008, 03:49 PM
This problem drives me nuts and I had it ever since it came off the lot. Hopefully y'all might know what it is since I heard our cars have some problems with the railings of the window(?)

Whenever I pull the level to put my driver side window up, it would go half way, and then go back down by itself. It's pretty embarrassing having the window go up and down 20 times in a parking lot with people walking pass by.

I brought it to the dealership to fix it on my warranty about three times already. It's there right now and I doubt they are going to figure it out. I heard them say "its the computer's memory", "I need to grease the sides with white silicon grease", etc... This is my last time I'm bringing it there since I'm at 500 miles away from 36k. The last time I brought my car there they added 30 miles when I got it back. I don't trust other people with my ride. I miss her already... any ideas? or is the dealership fucking with me?

RedSiBaron
05-23-2008, 03:56 PM
This problem drives me nuts and I had it ever since it came off the lot. Hopefully y'all might know what it is since I heard our cars have some problems with the railings of the window(?)

Whenever I pull the level to put my driver side window up, it would go half way, and then go back down by itself. It's pretty embarrassing having the window go up and down 20 times in a parking lot with people walking pass by.

I brought it to the dealership to fix it on my warranty about three times already. It's there right now and I doubt they are going to figure it out. I heard them say "its the computer's memory", "I need to grease the sides with white silicon grease", etc... This is my last time I'm bringing it there since I'm at 500 miles away from 36k. The last time I brought my car there they added 30 miles when I got it back. I don't trust other people with my ride. I miss her already... any ideas? or is the dealership fucking with me?

they need to replace the actuator in the door for the window...thats what the problem is, dealership is fucking stupid...or atleast this has been the solution for other people with the same problem

MidnightRacer59
05-23-2008, 04:19 PM
I agree...they should have checked the actuator a while back ago...I can't believe the dealer ship couldn't figure this one out :smash:

Danman281
05-23-2008, 04:27 PM
What does the actuator do?

The window still goes up sometimes. If I barely pull the switch, like, enough to where the auto-up won't engage, it would (%80 chance) go up completely. I should have mentioned this earlier. I still don't see what can be wrong though

I asked people off of answer.yahoo (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiWAIbcNQnumG6QrHkfsIcUfxgt.;_ylv=3?qid =20080523161641AAU505v) to get some more confirmation, and they mentioned how there may be an obstruction in the rail system because on cars they have a pressure sensing switch to prevent injuries?

Chad
05-23-2008, 04:41 PM
What year? 04-05 has auto up, if that's what the issue is I THINK you can re-program the auto-up without clearing it, I'll need to look that exact procedure up though... because I forgot it :mrolleyes:

BUT when I disconnect the battery, it won't work, I'll roll it down all the way, pull up to auto up click and hold it till it's up, rinse, lather, repeat 3-4 times. Good to go.

Other than that regulators are notorious to go out on these, does it rattle when cracked up to 1/2 way down?

oldschoolimport
05-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Other than that regulators are notorious to go out on these,

yep, I'm needing to change both of mine again, that'll make 6 new regulators and I barely have 60k on the car, and I might roll mine down 3 times a week, if that much. its ridiculous!

Chad
05-23-2008, 04:58 PM
yep, I'm needing to change both of mine again, that'll make 6 new regulators and I barely have 60k on the car, and I might roll mine down 3 times a week, if that much. its ridiculous!

You WILL be doing a DIY right ? :mtongue:

3 in the drivers door at 53K

oldschoolimport
05-23-2008, 05:48 PM
You WILL be doing a DIY right ? :mtongue:
most likely.

3 in the drivers door at 53K
yep, 3 on the drivers, 1 on the passengers, and now 1 more in each. :mcry:

Danman281
05-23-2008, 07:40 PM
What year? 04-05 has auto up, if that's what the issue is I THINK you can re-program the auto-up without clearing it, I'll need to look that exact procedure up though... because I forgot it :mrolleyes:

BUT when I disconnect the battery, it won't work, I'll roll it down all the way, pull up to auto up click and hold it till it's up, rinse, lather, repeat 3-4 times. Good to go.

Other than that regulators are notorious to go out on these, does it rattle when cracked up to 1/2 way down?

Yea you're right, you can re program it. When down, hold down two seconds, etc. They tried that already and sent me on my way. As I was coming out of the dealership lot, the same problem re-occurred. I said f- it, and left.

Regulators? As in the Pulsator? (detects pulse as the motor spins, if pulse discontinues, motor stops and retracts. Its in the helms manual)

Chad
05-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Regulators as in the mechanism that moves it up level. It binds and jacks up the auto-up since it senses a current bump.

Danman281
05-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Regulators as in the mechanism that moves it up level. It binds and jacks up the auto-up since it senses a current bump.

:mbiggrin: yea it was the regulator. The tech said it was about to "explode" because something was expanding (?)

big thanks guys

GRK-EP3
05-28-2008, 08:40 PM
ive been having the same problem with my 05 but it only happens when the window is wet......

v1c10us
05-29-2008, 01:52 PM
worst thing my window does is when it's halfway open on the freeway it makes a tick tick tick tick tick cause it wiggles back and forth in its little slit(that sounds raunchy)

oldschoolimport
05-29-2008, 03:11 PM
you can tighten that, so it won't rattle.

Ba82Ep3
05-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Good info, my 05 does this and its f-ing annoying. Will it eventually break and the window will no longer go up and down?

dizzo
05-30-2008, 12:31 PM
yeah im having this problem with my window as well. a couple people told me it was the regulator and i called honda for a price on one and it was 3hundred something? is that right?

oldschoolimport
05-30-2008, 01:21 PM
counting dealership labor, probably. check majestic for a price on just the regulator assembly to get an idea on what they are charging for labor.

v1c10us
05-31-2008, 12:29 AM
you can tighten that, so it won't rattle.

i figured there is something i could do, but what exactly do i tighten? like, where are the tightening screws for that little slit, it makes too much noise, i'd like to quieten it down by screwing some hidden rods.

Twisted-X
05-31-2008, 04:51 AM
I've posted this before, on the previous iteration of this site. About 4 years ago I used to work at the factory where they made the window regulators for our cars (please don't flame me, I didn't work that line :mangel:)

Two things you want to check if you replace your own window regulator:

1. Do the pulleys turn when the regulator raises/lowers the window? If not, return it. The pulleys are the little white circles at either end of the big piece of metal (rail) that the window attaches to.

2. No matter what, grease the hell out of the rail. Use some type of water resistant grease. White lithium has worked well for me in other cars. Be sure to get the grease under the plate that attaches to the window as well (by "under" I mean between the plate and the rail).

Just my thoughts on the subject. I had this wicked shudder going on after owning the car for 2 days. I took it back to the stealership and told them to grease the hell out of the rail and I haven't had a problem since. Not sure what grease they used though.

shadowmd
05-31-2008, 05:04 AM
i have an 05 and i have hte same issue. the auto won't work when the window is all the way down. if i bring the window up about 2inches then use the auto-up, it works. so i usually just don't use the auto-up feature. to do that, i just don't pull all the way up on the window button so the auto-up doesnt engage

oldschoolimport
05-31-2008, 06:37 AM
i figured there is something i could do, but what exactly do i tighten? like, where are the tightening screws for that little slit, it makes too much noise, i'd like to quieten it down by screwing some hidden rods.I've not looked on the EP, but most cars have glide pads, that bolt to the door frame, right under where you would rest your arm on top of the door panel, that hold the glass straight, side to side.. remove the door panel, and you should see a bolt on the inside of the glass, one toward the front, one toward the back, loosen the bolts, snug the pad to the glass, and tighten the bolt. this will take the in/out movement out of the glass.

I've posted this before, on the previous iteration of this site. About 4 years ago I used to work at the factory where they made the window regulators for our cars (please don't flame me, I didn't work that line :mangel:)

Two things you want to check if you replace your own window regulator:

1. Do the pulleys turn when the regulator raises/lowers the window? If not, return it. The pulleys are the little white circles at either end of the big piece of metal (rail) that the window attaches to.

2. No matter what, grease the hell out of the rail. Use some type of water resistant grease. White lithium has worked well for me in other cars. Be sure to get the grease under the plate that attaches to the window as well (by "under" I mean between the plate and the rail).

Just my thoughts on the subject. I had this wicked shudder going on after owning the car for 2 days. I took it back to the stealership and told them to grease the hell out of the rail and I haven't had a problem since. Not sure what grease they used though.
thank you for the info!