PDA

View Full Version : Bride Gias seats!!!

jdm_ep3
05-23-2008, 05:28 PM
ok im pretty sure these are just replicas but still they look great! its a little more than half the price of the real ones. it dont say anything about them being authentic so im assuming its imitations because of the price. here is the link to it.

http://www.amazon.com/BRIDE-GIAS-RACING-GRADATION-BLACK/dp/B0017X6PEO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1211588780&sr=8-1

cow
05-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Definitely replicas. Bride seats aren't covered in Alcantara.

03hatch
05-23-2008, 06:12 PM
NOT MADE IN JAPAN, MADE BY BRIDE TAIWAN... i think its a replica.

dj addicted
05-23-2008, 06:20 PM
why would you want to spend close to 500 bucks for a single seat that isn't even the real thing?

jdm_ep3
05-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Definitely replicas. Bride seats aren't covered in Alcantara.

sorry these are cloth not alcalantra! and yes i know the pare fake just another option than paying 1500 for just one! haha

cow
05-24-2008, 07:36 AM
sorry these are cloth not alcalantra! and yes i know the pare fake just another option than paying 1500 for just one! haha
You say tomato, lol.

Personally, I'd feel like a buster riding in knockoff seats. Do you think their crash rating is up to snuff (not a rhetorical question)?

Godhand
05-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Considering our seat can break in half in a major collision, I don't see the harm. Also, Bride Japan forgot to get copyrights in Taiwan and Canada, so this company decided to do it themselves and sell the knock-offs. I've heard though, that the replicas are much better for lumbar support and feel.

Isn't that a kick in Bride's face! :mconfused:

its a ivtec
05-24-2008, 08:42 AM
isnt speedstar doing a group buy on these bride gias replicas??

ton
05-24-2008, 09:28 AM
i'd get them:mtongue:

fatdong
05-24-2008, 11:08 AM
amazon sells everything huh

i'd prob get em, they look awesome, and its cheap as hell too

dj addicted
05-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Considering our seat can break in half in a major collision, I don't see the harm. Also, Bride Japan forgot to get copyrights in Taiwan and Canada, so this company decided to do it themselves and sell the knock-offs. I've heard though, that the replicas are much better for lumbar support and feel.

Isn't that a kick in Bride's face! :mconfused:

show me where you get your info from.. Both where our seat will break of half and about bride's licensing. I have yet to hear of ANY case with our seats breaking. I've known a handful of people who got plowed in their EP or even rolled their EP and nothing has ever happened to the seats.

Godhand
05-26-2008, 10:19 AM
show me where you get your info from.. Both where our seat will break of half and about bride's licensing. I have yet to hear of ANY case with our seats breaking. I've known a handful of people who got plowed in their EP or even rolled their EP and nothing has ever happened to the seats.

Excuse me for not copying every link when I read things. Where is your link that says that Bride has the Canada and Taiwan copyrights? I've seen handfuls of ep3s in wrecks where the seat buckled in half. See what I did thar.

metalviper
05-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Item Weight: 100 Pounds
:meek:

dj addicted
05-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Excuse me for not copying every link when I read things. Where is your link that says that Bride has the Canada and Taiwan copyrights? I've seen handfuls of ep3s in wrecks where the seat buckled in half. See what I did thar.

I'm just tired of people saying crap that they heard from a friend who heard it from a friend and I am calling your BS about our seats. Also, reading must own you pretty good because I never said anything about taiwan or cananda copyrights.

Godhand
05-26-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm just tired of people saying crap that they heard from a friend who heard it from a friend and I am calling your BS about our seats. Also, reading must own you pretty good because I never said anything about taiwan or cananda copyrights.

Why are you getting so worked up? Jesus, you act as if you designed our seats. I saw pics of several accidents before the site went down, is that good enough for you? Let me know if it isn't and I will try very hard to get you evidence so you can feel better at night trying to get sleep.

And why the asshole statement about reading owns me? You sure brought up copyrights in your statement, so why are you accusing me of being grammatically challenged? Perhaps you just need to chill the fuck out.

jtyler05si
05-27-2008, 07:47 AM
wowzers... what a dumb thing to argue about.

ep3moschini
05-27-2008, 09:57 AM
wowzers... what a dumb thing to argue about.

:flypig:

fake shit = shit thats fake. . .

dj addicted
05-27-2008, 10:12 AM
Why are you getting so worked up? Jesus, you act as if you designed our seats. I saw pics of several accidents before the site went down, is that good enough for you? Let me know if it isn't and I will try very hard to get you evidence so you can feel better at night trying to get sleep.

And why the asshole statement about reading owns me? You sure brought up copyrights in your statement, so why are you accusing me of being grammatically challenged? Perhaps you just need to chill the fuck out.

I'm definitely not getting all worked up about it. It is about principle. If someone hops on here saying that their EP is making 500whp on stock internals, everyone is gonna want to know how. You hop on here saying you heard that our seats will snap in half during a accident, so I am asking you where you heard it. Again, as for my 'copyrights'. You had mentioned about Bride not getting licensing in Tawian or whatever and I just wanted to know where you heard (or read) that from. Whats the big deal about citing your resources. False information is just bad juju for everyone. Some new guy hops on here and reads your comments could possibly think that his seats are not safe which is completely wrong. I even went as far as to google broken civic seats and nothing came up. I've been a member here since late 2003 and I have never read a thread or seen pictures of our seats snapping in half. Again, you write a report and quote someone elses stuff, you have resources to back that up. Here you state facts about something, I just want to know your resources. Thats all I ask.

jtyler05si
05-27-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm definitely not getting all worked up about it. It is about principle. If someone hops on here saying that their EP is making 500whp on stock internals, everyone is gonna want to know how. You hop on here saying you heard that our seats will snap in half during a accident, so I am asking you where you heard it. Again, as for my 'copyrights'. You had mentioned about Bride not getting licensing in Tawian or whatever and I just wanted to know where you heard (or read) that from. Whats the big deal about citing your resources. False information is just bad juju for everyone. Some new guy hops on here and reads your comments could possibly think that his seats are not safe which is completely wrong. I even went as far as to google broken civic seats and nothing came up. I've been a member here since late 2003 and I have never read a thread or seen pictures of our seats snapping in half. Again, you write a report and quote someone elses stuff, you have resources to back that up. Here you state facts about something, I just want to know your resources. Thats all I ask.

this is understandable, but in reading from both POVs you were a little quick on the draw. i can see why he got a bit defensive...

skooba
05-27-2008, 10:21 AM

I've never seen or heard about the seats snapping in half either. My buddy had some s2k seats swapped in his car, and the drivers side crumpled in half, kinda like a hot dog bun. aside from that, I've never heard of any honda seats breaking in half.

jtyler05si
05-27-2008, 10:35 AM
ooohh wow... i know pretty much nothing about s2ks, so is there a certain year for that seat or are they all pretty much the same?