PDA

View Full Version : Gas Guage Sensor?

dragon208
05-23-2008, 10:50 PM
ok here's the deal.. I filled up 3/4 tank to full 2 days ago using 94 octane.. It came up to be about 46L so totalling about $64CAD....for the past 2 days after that i reset my trip odometer and drove like a granny shifting no more then 2.5K rpm.. lol.. look at gas prices! LOL

anyways today i noticed i'm at 250km's on trip a and b and the tank still says FULL?!?!? usually at 250 km's it'll be near the middle of the tank.. but yet it's still full...

so finally tonight i thought it was weird so i drove it hard every gear ont he highway.. that's when the guage went down VERY little.. not enough to really tell a difference...

just afraid now if it's really that i filled up that full it only clicked once when i was filling up so i let it go and that's it.. or the sensor in the tank is acting up?

noticable mods:
Kpro
6speed
AEM CAI (just cleaned it throughly last sunday)
New oil not too long ago about 1K on RP 5w30

dragon208
05-24-2008, 11:19 PM
I guess my intake was very dirty before.. cause i just remembered i cleaned the intake really well couple days before that.. and filled up a full tank

so today i was worried so i went to fill up.. only got like 7L of gas in and it was full again.. so I guess 7L = 250km's?? NICE.. haha..

too bad after i filled up i drove it hard and turned on A/C!! lol i only got like 150km's and it went down about 1/8 of a tank.. err...

talonXracer
05-25-2008, 05:24 AM
The fuel level sender is rather erratic. It doesnt really represent what is actually in the tank,,,it doesnt read in a linear fashion, well at least untill I installed a CTR gauge cluster, now the fuel level is spot on all the time.