PDA

View Full Version : Harness Install?

20CiviC02Si
05-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Hey guys! I have a quick question that i am in dire need of an answer today. I am installing my Takata harnesses the "PROPER" way. Now the question is this: Does anyone know where it is safe to drill holes in the floor board to install the lap belts closest to the center console?

I need to get this done ASAP before the light runs out. Thanks!

bigred
05-31-2008, 01:44 PM
Jus take out the bolts for the seat bracket in the backs of the seats and slide the tabs under and bolt it under that. Thats what i did with mine and its perfect.

RedSiBaron
05-31-2008, 02:21 PM
Jus take out the bolts for the seat bracket in the backs of the seats and slide the tabs under and bolt it under that. Thats what i did with mine and its perfect.

wow wow, you are saying bolt it to the tiny bolts holding the seats to the floor???? bad idea, and for your info jake races his car, he needs a SAFE location...

hey jake man is there room on the bolts to bolt them up where the seatbelt goes??? orrr no??? if not without having carpet and a seat out i couldnt tell you...prolly just use your best judgement and back it up with a drilled piece of stainless under the car and in the car...thats how id do it

20CiviC02Si
05-31-2008, 02:35 PM
Yeah i tried my best judgement! LOL! I'm prolly going to have to redo this. The lap belts on the outside edge of the car are secured to the optional seatbelt mount right behind the stock. As for the inside lap belts i tried drilling holes, but they didn't turn out too well. So i will prolly be filling in the holes i have drilled with silicon and starting all over. I need a more powerful drill....

bdooley
05-31-2008, 02:39 PM
personally if you race your car i would get the harness bar from corsport

20CiviC02Si
05-31-2008, 02:41 PM
I already have one, but on the harness bar you can't secure the lap belts to it. Just the shoulder belts. Lap betls need to be properly secured to the floor at the proper angles.

RedSiBaron
05-31-2008, 02:47 PM
I already have one, but on the harness bar you can't secure the lap belts to it. Just the shoulder belts. Lap betls need to be properly secured to the floor at the proper angles.

yah man id just check the angle on it, maybe use either a dowell or string and mark the floor and drill away...if it needs to be a certain angle then you only have 1 option

20CiviC02Si
05-31-2008, 03:09 PM
I have the angles correct, however i need to redrill the passenger side for the inside lap belt. I have to drill the hole closer to the center console, but be careful not to hit any vital parts that sit there. ie: Brake lines! LOL! So i'll figure it out, right now the inside passenger side lap belt is secured to the buddy club seat rail. I know it's not safe for racing, but i don't have passengers in the car ever. So it'll work for now and for auto-x. Here is a pic!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/20Civic02Si/DSC00052-1.jpg

RedSiBaron
05-31-2008, 04:11 PM
I have the angles correct, however i need to redrill the passenger side for the inside lap belt. I have to drill the hole closer to the center console, but be careful not to hit any vital parts that sit there. ie: Brake lines! LOL! So i'll figure it out, right now the inside passenger side lap belt is secured to the buddy club seat rail. I know it's not safe for racing, but i don't have passengers in the car ever. So it'll work for now and for auto-x. Here is a pic!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/20Civic02Si/DSC00052-1.jpg

so much wonderful happy goin on in that picture...

20CiviC02Si
05-31-2008, 04:18 PM
so much wonderful happy goin on in that picture...Yeah now i just need to get the front and rear bumpers painted as well as my new wheels!

RedSiBaron
05-31-2008, 04:38 PM
Yeah now i just need to get the front and rear bumpers painted as well as my new wheels!

WAAHOO!!!! itll be great...cant wait to see the car man, its changed soo much

20CiviC02Si
05-31-2008, 05:43 PM
I need to fix her up before HIN. I'm working tons of overtime to save up the cash to get her looking good once again! As well as to pay her off!

RedSiBaron
05-31-2008, 06:33 PM
I need to fix her up before HIN. I'm working tons of overtime to save up the cash to get her looking good once again! As well as to pay her off!

excellent!! its good that theres HIN as an insentive, it lights a fire under your ass...haha...but it will SOOO be worth having it looking great and paid for man, think of that happy happy day

Windchaser
05-31-2008, 11:54 PM
I did not read through the thread: Jake, you need to mount them on the floorboard. I don't remember the exact measurements, but it is recommended that the mounting locations be 500cm away (in front) from your sitting position. I remember getting the measurements when I was talking to some NASA officials.