PDA

View Full Version : EIBACH Pro-kit or Sportlines

03 degos finest
05-25-2008, 03:53 PM
I decided I'm getting Eibach Springs on my stock shocks. But should I get the Sportlines or Pro-kit? Any pics? Tips? Differences?

MugsyTheGr8
05-25-2008, 05:08 PM
if you want to keep stock shocks then go with the pro-kit, but imo you should never lower a car on stock shocks. they will blow out premeturly. tokico, bilstien, kyb, and koni all make performance dampers for our car that work well with lowering springs.

nizmoluvep3
05-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Everything depends on your funds.....if you get the pro-kit then you would only spend a couple hundred w/ install but if you go w/ the sportlines you would/should get aftermarket shocks and a rear camber kit which would cost you more. I'm rolling on sportlines w/ blues and love it so far as a DD...not too low but doesn't look stock- search for a poll on springs I think sportlines were very recommended.

03 degos finest
05-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Ok. So I ended up ordering Sportlines with F/R camber kits from Showstoppers. If I install with my stock shocks for now until I get aftermarket shocks there shouldn't be a problem right?

02_epdriver
05-26-2008, 09:55 PM
I got the blues and the pro-kit. Looks and feels great

03 degos finest
05-26-2008, 09:56 PM
I got the blues and the pro-kit. Looks and feels great

From where did you get the blues? and How much did you pay? Thanks.

epslow
05-27-2008, 12:49 AM
Ok. So I ended up ordering Sportlines with F/R camber kits from Showstoppers. If I install with my stock shocks for now until I get aftermarket shocks there shouldn't be a problem right?

Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem i've had my sportlines with stock shocks for 15k miles and they held up fine.

chubbychu
05-27-2008, 01:14 AM

It wont be too big of a problem, but IF i could make a suggestion? regardless of performance or look, I would suggest you to save up all your parts until you want to install everything all at once. ESPECIALLY for suspension.

This is because, the more times you take apart your suspension, the greater the chances are of damage and or unforseen problems. The less times you take apart your suspension the better. One giant PITA for me was the tie rods, which are relatively fragile and super important. I ended up breaking the threads on two of these.

NOT to mention, the cost of alignment which adds up, the more times you take apart the suspension.

Godhand
05-27-2008, 03:40 AM

In b4 sum1 says that Blues are stock replacements.

02_epdriver
05-27-2008, 08:11 AM

Locally, but you can get them from vendors on here. They go around 370 to 430 depending on vendor or shop.

RedSiBaron
05-27-2008, 08:25 AM

2nd that...

get konis or bilsteins...tokicos are all over the map on a shock dyno

jtyler05si
05-27-2008, 08:31 AM

may i ask about how much that totaled $$

civictype_r04
05-27-2008, 12:22 PM

Sounds good man you'll love the drop. Get coilovers when your struts blow.

MugsyTheGr8
05-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Sounds good man you'll love the drop. Get coilovers when your struts blow.

why not get c/o from the beginning? ive never understood why people want to do the same job twice. either buy shocks an springs together or buy a coilover set but why, why spend the money and time on both. impatience i guess, its not like you need to lower your car.

\rant

03 degos finest
05-28-2008, 11:25 PM
may i ask about how much that totaled $$

I got both(springs and camber kits) from Showstoppers for $380. It was supposed to be $350 but I forgot about tax:mbiggrin: lol

v1c10us
05-28-2008, 11:34 PM

can you give any proof on this?
I assure you that you cannot as they are not a stock replacement, the valving is different and i believe the length may be different.
stock replacements would insinuate they are the same as stock in stiffness and valving etc.