PDA

View Full Version : dash lights

cwmizner
05-25-2008, 11:45 PM
half my dash doesn't light up!

wtf?

easy to fix? i'm guessing there are 2 bulbs, one for each side (tach lights completely, about half of speedo lights, fuel and other gauge is dark)

Oxygen
05-26-2008, 07:28 AM
Should be pretty simple. Take off your gauge cluster: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43675

You should be able to get the bulbs from the dealer. I believe the part number is 35505-SA5-003. Majestic Honda has them for $2.71 per bulb. You need 3 or 4 of them.

cwmizner
05-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Should be pretty simple. Take off your gauge cluster: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43675

You should be able to get the bulbs from the dealer. I believe the part number is 35505-SA5-003. Majestic Honda has them for $2.71 per bulb. You need 3 or 4 of them.

awesome, thank you! this site rocks!

is majestic one of the best to get parts online? seems good, there are others, but pricing seems about the same...

Oxygen
05-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Majestic is good as are a lot of them. A lot of the sites you will find will be web sites of dealers around the country. Your local dealer will also have the bulbs (if they do not have them in stock, they can order them). If you give them that part number, they should know what you are talking about. That is a Honda part number, not a dealer specific part number. My local dealer had them for about $4.70 a piece, but even that plus tax beats a lot of online places because of shipping. So crunch the numbers and figure out which option is best.

cwmizner
05-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Majestic is good as are a lot of them. A lot of the sites you will find will be web sites of dealers around the country. Your local dealer will also have the bulbs (if they do not have them in stock, they can order them). If you give them that part number, they should know what you are talking about. That is a Honda part number, not a dealer specific part number. My local dealer had them for about $4.70 a piece, but even that plus tax beats a lot of online places because of shipping. So crunch the numbers and figure out which option is best.

gotcha, i did notice high shipping and handling on the online sites, may be worth if it you get quite a few items... i think i'll just print out a list of stuff i need, with total costs and take it to dealer to see if they want to match (although i doubt they'll have everything I need in stock).