PDA

View Full Version : 1st time swapper

SUNEBOY
05-27-2008, 03:55 AM
Like the title states. I will be embarking shortly on my 1st engine swap ever. Gonna be swapping a built k20a2 into my ep and using my JRSC on that also.

I guess I am posting this to get help on what to look out for and or any tips or tidbits of helpful info to make this a relatively uncomplicated event.

Can someone post a link or point to a resource that I can follow as a loose guide for my swap?

pynikal
05-27-2008, 05:44 AM
davisj3537 or talonXracer are the ones that i see that have great knowledge of swapping and the things you will need. just read or cntact one of them .

good luck.

pynikal
05-27-2008, 05:46 AM
oh yeah!! check out the sticky's as well. tons of good info in there.:mcool:

SUNEBOY
05-27-2008, 06:00 AM
oh yeah!! check out the sticky's as well. tons of good info in there.:mcool:

ok I have read the sticky's and thanks for all your help and the two posts. muito obrigado!

LondonEP
05-27-2008, 06:50 AM
Like the title states. I will be embarking shortly on my 1st engine swap ever. Gonna be swapping a built k20a2 into my ep and using my JRSC on that also.

I guess I am posting this to get help on what to look out for and or any tips or tidbits of helpful info to make this a relatively uncomplicated event.

Can someone post a link or point to a resource that I can follow as a loose guide for my swap?

Do you have the built k20 already or are you in the process of getting it?

b.r.i.a.n.
05-27-2008, 06:55 AM
well after going through this once already not too long ago, i'd suggest the following:

- take the engine out through the top. you'll need a lift.
- if you're going to use the a2 crank pulley then make sure you get the right belt. i forgot the size of the belt when using the a2 crank pulley and the ep3 idler pulley. i think it may be a 64 but i'm not 100% sure. you can re-use your stock belt if you re-use the a3 crank pulley.
- remember to modify the shifter to get into reverse. i used a picture that talonxracer put up as reference. i think it was deleted though. maybe he can post the picture up again.
- if the engine has been sitting out for a while you'll most likely have a vaccum leak. i had a vaccum leak when i cranked up the engine the first time. turns out the idle air control valve was stuck. i took it apart and some wd-40 did the trick.

SUNEBOY
05-27-2008, 07:29 AM
Do you have the built k20 already or are you in the process of getting it?

I will be building it as soon as I can get it to my garage, it is in my friends garage at the moment.

SUNEBOY
05-27-2008, 07:30 AM
well after going through this once already not too long ago, i'd suggest the following:

- take the engine out through the top. you'll need a lift.
- if you're going to use the a2 crank pulley then make sure you get the right belt. i forgot the size of the belt when using the a2 crank pulley and the ep3 idler pulley. i think it may be a 64 but i'm not 100% sure. you can re-use your stock belt if you re-use the a3 crank pulley.
- remember to modify the shifter to get into reverse. i used a picture that talonxracer put up as reference. i think it was deleted though. maybe he can post the picture up again.
- if the engine has been sitting out for a while you'll most likely have a vaccum leak. i had a vaccum leak when i cranked up the engine the first time. turns out the idle air control valve was stuck. i took it apart and some wd-40 did the trick.

thanks very much this was the kind of info I was hoping for.

illusionsoflife
05-31-2008, 02:22 AM
sorry to thread jack but....lol londonep....when i saw your avatar it looked like cartmans eyes were boobs and his little mouth was a belly button.....i died just know laughing