PDA

View Full Version : 04-05 headlight adjustment

bigo711
05-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Hey..i am having trouble adjusting the headlight! can someone please help?
how do you adjust 04-05 low beam? Is the taking off the fender the only way to get to the screws?

Thanks

ep3demic
05-27-2008, 02:13 PM
do you have halogen projectors? if so, you can adjust it vertically without pulling the lights. it's a tight squeeze, but it can be done. to adjust horizontal it'd be easier to pull the lights. and if i remember right, that also goes for the 04-05 stock headlights.

(anyone...feel free to correct me if i'm wrong)

talonXracer
05-27-2008, 03:39 PM
There should be 2 adjustments per headlight, vert and horiz on the back side of the headlight. You use a long phillips screwdriver to rotate the adjuster wheels.

ep3demic
05-27-2008, 03:48 PM
really? i had to use a socket. not a screw driver...*shrug*

alex_chung_lee
05-27-2008, 09:34 PM
i used a screw driver to adjust them...... but i didn't have projectors..... hell.. the glare was sooo bad even i adjust them it didn't do much of a difference

bigo711
05-28-2008, 12:54 AM
There should be 2 adjustments per headlight, vert and horiz on the back side of the headlight. You use a long phillips screwdriver to rotate the adjuster wheels.

i think you are talkin about 02-03 headlights.

jh604
05-28-2008, 11:21 AM
i can adjust them for you. i helped justin and adriel do theirs.

talonXracer
05-28-2008, 11:25 AM
i think you are talkin about 02-03 headlights.

I have 04 Hid projectors.

really? i had to use a socket. not a screw driver...*shrug*

You can use both, the adjuster has teeth that the screwdriver turns on the outside circumference of the adjuster and a hex head in the center.

dirtyMETHOD
04-05-2010, 02:20 PM
be doing this soon

josetequila
05-20-2010, 03:07 PM
i got my new headlights an i am having problems adjusting it right, i used a 10mm socket, but my right headlight its beeming way to much to right, i am trying to adjust it right but no luck, fuck need help,

civsirmt
05-20-2010, 10:02 PM
i got my new headlights an i am having problems adjusting it right, i used a 10mm socket, but my right headlight its beeming way to much to right, i am trying to adjust it right but no luck, fuck need help,

dont adjust side to side just up and down. and make sure u are far enough away from the wall when adjusting.

josetequila
05-21-2010, 12:48 PM
well the up and down ajuster its fine is my passenger side headlight thats beaming way to the rightside, but my left(driver side headlight is fine)... on the side to side adjuster I went both ways and no luck, that circle beam is just not beaming strainght, thanks for the help Civsirmt...... but ill keep trying and wont quit untill satisfied.....

jubaque
06-15-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm having the same problem.. the driver side ( for me it's the right side) is facing up, i tried adjusting it but no effect. Any chance of broken internal mechanical stuff?

Draw7Seven
06-15-2010, 08:17 PM
In some cases, it is possible that a headlight has been "adjusted" so far in a set direction that the alignment hole inside the headlight has been pushed off the end of the screw that rotates in order to adjust the beam. If the headlight adjustment changes at all when you turn the adjuster screw in either direction, that's not happening. But if it's been turned too far one way, it might be difficult to get it to go back the other way at all, short of disassembling the headlight (using an oven) and hooking the screw back into the hole it should be in. However, this has only happened to me with modded Depo headlights, I'd be surprised if OEM headlights were so easy to mess up.

jubaque
06-16-2010, 03:43 AM