PDA

View Full Version : suspension newbie question

Eric Cartman
05-27-2008, 08:16 PM
I am looking to get rid of the 4x4 look and drop the car moderately for daily driving. I plan to get a full coilover system(tien basic? progress?). I was wondering if a camber kit is necessary for full coilover? Thanks in advance!

talonXracer
05-27-2008, 08:20 PM
It depends on how low you are gonna drop it and your intended driving style. Anything over 1.5" drop really should have the camber adjusters.

alex_chung_lee
05-27-2008, 09:45 PM
camber kit is always a good idea.... rears are more important..... i heard if u don't get htem and lower your car a lot it eats your tires like crazy... it's a well spent $200 to save you $700 on new tires

walkingturtle
05-28-2008, 05:23 PM
like the two other two said, it depends on how low you're going and what you are looking for. i would suggest camber kit just because of the tire issue. and if you select different wheels it's a good idea to see what fits or not.

MugsyTheGr8
05-28-2008, 05:29 PM
camber kit is always a good idea.... rears are more important..... i heard if u don't get htem and lower your car a lot it eats your tires like crazy... it's a well spent $200 to save you $700 on new tires

not so much eats your tires, but it will give you alot of wear on the insides because of the negative camber. the rear of our car is type of sla suspension and lowering causes the negative camber to increase, so thats why its important to get a rear camber kit and not so much a front. but, if you want to get a performance alignment at some time in the future, a front camber kit would help since you will want as much negative camber in the front as possible.

twep
05-28-2008, 10:02 PM
negative camber is sick they look so aggressive

but they kill your pocket for money to replace tires lol

i would buy a set at the time of lowering

Eric Cartman
05-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Thanks for all the good info. I appreciate it