PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Audio Question.

greenguy
11-14-2002, 08:57 AM
Considering that we have our powersteering unit that is electric, should an aftermarket audio system have a capacitor installed so that when the system hits, our steering wont be afected? Or do you all feel that there will be no ill effects with a higher powerd system?

Mikael
11-14-2002, 11:34 AM
Don't know much about caps but I don't have one. I am giving two 12s 600 RMS a piece through a JBL 1200.1 and I have a JBL 180 running, too. No ill affects other than the tailgate rattling. Steering seems fine to me. It sets off car alarms. Only dims the lights a bit when the car is off.

greenguy
11-14-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Mikael
Don't know much about caps but I don't have one. I am giving two 12s 600 RMS a piece through a JBL 1200.1 and I have a JBL 180 running, too. No ill affects other than the tailgate rattling. Steering seems fine to me. It sets off car alarms. Only dims the lights a bit when the car is off.

you are sending 600watts rms to each 12? Thats fucking absurd. The only time your light dim is when the car is NOT running? Hell, in my last ride I was only sending 100W to 2 10" and I would dim. Hmmmmm:confused: