PDA

View Full Version : CorSport rear upper strut bar or corsport v2 endlinks??

lbk02si
05-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Ok guys, which one should i get?? I've got the adjustable progress rear sway bar already, and wanna know if the corsport rear upper strut bar, or the corsport v2 endlinks? please give your reasons too.

ep_hatcher_510
05-28-2008, 02:46 AM
Forget about the corsport rear strut bar, go on ebay and buy the mugen replica rear upper H bar, is way better. OO and i think you should get both the bar and endlinks:msmile:

Godhand
05-28-2008, 04:30 AM
Forget about the corsport rear strut bar, go on ebay and buy the mugen replica rear upper H bar, is way better. OO and i think you should get both the bar and endlinks:msmile:

I've never seen one for auction on ebay :mcry:. I might have to end up getting that ugly ass upper H bar from Corsport with the brushed aluminum. *shudders*

Ah well, it's easy to paint it blue and slap a Cusco sticker on it!... :msmile:

lbk02si
05-28-2008, 09:05 AM
well i'm getting all the bushings for my shifter, the base and the under hood bushings. and i was thinking of getting the rear upper strut bar from corsport also bc its only $45. but i was more wondering about the actual performance of it, do you actually feel it like i did with my progress rear bar?

RedSiBaron
05-28-2008, 09:16 AM
well i'm getting all the bushings for my shifter, the base and the under hood bushings. and i was thinking of getting the rear upper strut bar from corsport also bc its only $45. but i was more wondering about the actual performance of it, do you actually feel it like i did with my progress rear bar?

you wont notice a strut bar, you noticed the sway because that affects the roll of the vehicle, a strut bar only stiffens the chasis...thats the last thing you should worry about for handling...do you have dampeners and springs yet? what tires? those are far better uses for the money...the endlinks are nice cuz they will actually come off the car after youve driven it with them on for a lil bit.

lbk02si
05-28-2008, 10:36 AM
you wont notice a strut bar, you noticed the sway because that affects the roll of the vehicle, a strut bar only stiffens the chasis...thats the last thing you should worry about for handling...do you have dampeners and springs yet? what tires? those are far better uses for the money...the endlinks are nice cuz they will actually come off the car after youve driven it with them on for a lil bit.

yea i've heard that the stock endlinks are a little weak. I have eiback prokit springs, yoko es 100 tires. it'll be awhile before i get new suspension though, bc i'm gonna get the Buddy Club coilovers. I was just on corsport looking at those shifter bushings and had a little bit more money to spend and those were my options. So i think i'll get the endlinks and bushings then.

JCEM
05-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Ok guys, which one should i get?? I've got the adjustable progress rear sway bar already, and wanna know if the corsport rear upper strut bar, or the corsport v2 endlinks? please give your reasons too.

You won't notice a difference with just the rear upper strut bar. You WILL notice a difference with the "H-bar". I got both from CorSport, installed the strut bar first and drove around for a week before putting on the H-brace.

lbk02si
05-28-2008, 12:05 PM
You won't notice a difference with just the rear upper strut bar. You WILL notice a difference with the "H-bar". I got both from CorSport, installed the strut bar first and drove around for a week before putting on the H-brace.

thats kinda what i was afraid of. i need the rear cargo space sometimes though. how quick/easy is the h-bar to remove?

civictype_r04
05-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Get the endlinks the strut bar can wait.

lbk02si
05-28-2008, 02:59 PM
cool, thanks everyone! just went ahead and ordered from corsport. so how much difference will i notice with the aluminum shifter base bushings and the under hood shifter bushings???

ep_hatcher_510
05-28-2008, 04:20 PM
I've never seen one for auction on ebay :mcry:. I might have to end up getting that ugly ass upper H bar from Corsport with the brushed aluminum. *shudders*

Ah well, it's easy to paint it blue and slap a Cusco sticker on it!... :msmile:

look for the RSX upper bar, they dont have one for the ep but it fits perfectly.

its a ivtec
05-28-2008, 05:03 PM
jus got my corsport rear upper strut bar from fedex..installed and can't feel shit.. wasn't expectin to feel any difference but it sure does look perrrty.. my gutted hatch needed sum bling..now I want a h bar and pillar bar..any1 kno of a nice lookin h bar besides corsports hideous lookin 1??

ep_hatcher_510
05-28-2008, 08:05 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-Acura-02-03-04-05-06-RSX-Rear-Middle-Strut-Bar_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33591QQihZ013QQitem Z230254968008QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Here is the mid-bar/H bar for all of you that don't know about it or that want one besides the Corsport's expensive one.

JCEM
05-28-2008, 09:42 PM
thats kinda what i was afraid of. i need the rear cargo space sometimes though. how quick/easy is the h-bar to remove?

Wouldn't be too hard...loosen up the 2 jam nuts, release the tension in the bar and remove the 2 bolts. I've carried quite a bit of shit without removing it, but I guess it just depends on your needs. I kind of like having it there to strap things to so they don't slide around.

And no, it's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it's all business.

lbk02si
05-28-2008, 10:49 PM
cool, thanks for the info guys!