PDA

View Full Version : JDM or EDM

xachary82
05-28-2008, 07:06 AM
What route would you rather go?

renovator
05-28-2008, 07:27 AM
definitely EDM

there are so many different models and variations, that and they're left hand drive.

RedSiBaron
05-28-2008, 07:32 AM
jdm, just cuz thats how it worked out, never planned for it...just trying to make the car one cohesive oem unit...fell down the jdm road...if for instance i had gotten the type r seats from europe or something, car would be going edm right now...but either way, the car is just supposed to be OEM, could care less that its MAD WICKED TIGHT JDM YO

supreme
05-28-2008, 11:01 AM
jdm ftmfmfmfmfmfmfmw!

JDMCivicEP3
05-28-2008, 11:31 AM
It doesn't matter. The EP3 was made in the U.K. anyways.

LAvtec818
05-28-2008, 11:54 AM
mix it up and u get a cool EP

72chevel
05-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Most of the parts I have scored came from the UK so I voted EDM. But I do have a difficult choice next on which Fogs to get JDM? :mconfused:

RedSiBaron
05-28-2008, 12:51 PM
It doesn't matter. The EP3 was made in the U.K. anyways.

i hate that excuse...they were still built and looked different in different parts of the world

mix it up and u get a cool EP

yah, and most of the differences lie in the interior anyway, which is where the driver interacts...so the differences are really minimal so it really doesnt matter...

frm_808
05-28-2008, 01:01 PM
all prefernce man. id go jdm. those are my ancestors ha!

ts ep3
05-29-2008, 09:05 PM
jdm is on top but i like to mix up:mbiggrin:

Princess
05-29-2008, 10:30 PM
judge each item on an individual basis and choose what you like

some of my favorite things are USDM

JCEM
05-29-2008, 10:38 PM
JDM/EDM/USDM/CDM:canada:/HFP/aftermarket...who cares, whatever works/fits the best and has the right price.

epmex
05-30-2008, 03:49 AM
i was thinking of doing a right hand drive!! but does any one knoe of it ilegal to drive on the right side im in SD, CA?????

DRP967
05-30-2008, 07:37 AM
I dont care about either...i just put on what i like...if its JDM/UKDM/AMP/ etc then so be it. :mwink:

JDM blah blah blah.....:mbiggrin:
*i never jumped on that bandwagon and dont plan too....youll never see this on my EP
http://www.s2sperformance.com/For%20Sale/wakaba.jpg

J-Bird
05-30-2008, 07:42 AM
The one thing i really love about the EP versus alot of other hondas is the fact the better models actually came in a LHD format. Therefore i picked EDM but its really gonna be good combination of the 2.

Passenger
05-30-2008, 07:51 AM
I like whatever looks good or functions good. :loco:

bmyers4321
05-30-2008, 03:06 PM
i voted EDM cause they have SSM parts.

xachary82
06-01-2008, 02:37 PM
i hate that excuse...they were still built and looked different in different parts of the world

yah, and most of the differences lie in the interior anyway, which is where the driver interacts...so the differences are really minimal so it really doesnt matter...

is it me or did you totally contradict yourself?

RedSiBaron
06-01-2008, 07:33 PM
is it me or did you totally contradict yourself?

no i was just lazy and didnt put much detail...most of the differences between jdm and edm minus the motor lie in the interior, the exterior isnt different really besides very tiny things (mirrors and the holes for where the front plate mounts......

is that better?

willy_akino
06-02-2008, 01:27 AM
whatever floats ur boat....but i think jdm is a way for showing off how much money ur putting on your ride....its funny how we beg for stock parts from japan and they do the same for us.

RedSiBaron
06-02-2008, 06:22 AM
whatever floats ur boat....but i think jdm is a way for showing off how much money ur putting on your ride....its funny how we beg for stock parts from japan and they do the same for us.

whatever, i dont buy type r parts to show off how much ive spent on my car, most people other than ep3 owners wouldnt be able to tell it isnt stock, and half the ep3 owners cant tell the difference between usdm type r replica and real (yah, ive had plenty of people not know i had the real shit), i buy them because the car was supposed to have these parts, it looks more complete and realized as a cohesive design with them, the usdm car doesnt make sense because it was a solution to dumbing up the car for the US market and was not what hte original design intended...

dofu2
06-02-2008, 06:31 AM
no i was just lazy and didnt put much detail...most of the differences between jdm and edm minus the motor lie in the interior, the exterior isnt different really besides very tiny things (mirrors and the holes for where the front plate mounts......

The important differences is the LHD carpet, door panels, headlights, and mph instead of kph guage cluster. IMO, the rest is all preference.

And if you must know, I do prefer this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/dofu/photo_JDM_Civic_Type_R_2007_1.jpg

Over this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/dofu/2007_civic_typeR_1.jpg

RedSiBaron
06-02-2008, 06:34 AM
The important differences is the LHD carpet, door panels, headlights, and mph instead of kph guage cluster. IMO, the rest is all preference.

ok...yah, thats what i was saying :noidea:

EPSpeedKing
06-02-2008, 10:16 AM
I say JDM, but I like to mix it up.

ash281
06-02-2008, 07:03 PM
i love the styling of the euro type r.

parts wise, edm makes more sense..but the availability is not always there

EPSU3
06-04-2008, 08:04 PM
I'd say EDM because I'm SSM and I have friends and family that travel to Europe and not japan. more chances to get stuff.

BaLisTek
06-04-2008, 08:53 PM
i have more jdm stuff.. so JDM for me. only thing you really need EDM for is headlights/door panels/carpet

Windchaser
06-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I cannot believe there is a topic about this. They all came from the same location so it really doesn't make a difference . . . really. The only thing we have to worry about is whether it is RHD or LHD and that is it.

EP3_BR3EZE
06-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Cool, id like to up my post count as well while contributing a small argumentative statement as to why they are both bad/good/or even equal. :)

It is quite obvious everyone is in the bandwagon of JDM. Originality is what counts these days.

simcivic08
06-05-2008, 12:43 AM

And if you must know, I do prefer this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/dofu/photo_JDM_Civic_Type_R_2007_1.jpg

Over this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/dofu/2007_civic_typeR_1.jpg

yeah true :mtongue:

RAMSES EP3
06-05-2008, 01:05 AM
i have more jdm stuff.. so JDM for me. only thing you really need EDM for is headlights/door panels/carpet

agree

TexasTechEP3
06-05-2008, 08:05 PM
how about you actually mod your car instead of just playing into this whole OEM trend

RedSiBaron
06-05-2008, 08:41 PM
how about you actually mod your car instead of just playing into this whole OEM trend

whats your issue man, i really want to know...

you jump on people and act like they are just going with everything edm/jdm just cuz they following a trend or buying into hype, or just copying other people...

ya some people prolly are doing that, but i am not, yes i have lots of jdm parts, but i dont buy them because they are jdm, i buy them because i prefer the design and development behind them, what the ep3 was intended to be...

you dont need to go into every single thread in the jdm section and act this way...why dont you drive an srt4 or something, you dont seem to like japanese cars very much...

on another note, i actually thought you got banned...

dofu2
06-05-2008, 08:55 PM

How about not posting in a thread if you don't like the topic...

EP3_BR3EZE
06-06-2008, 02:49 AM
This is not a kid forum...

Everyone involved within the EPHatch Community is entitled to his or her own opinion. As a community, we must all do our part to contribute as much information needed to simulate as much positive feedback to the creator of the thread. As some of you might agree, this is one of the reasons why most EPHatch users post here rather than Honda-Tech; immaturity will only give you ego points.

As stated by TexasTechEP3 "how about you actually mod your car instead of just playing into this whole OEM trend" Your statement appears to induct rude behavior. In response to your statement, please respect the thread as well as patrons of the thread by choosing your words wisely. Bluntly stating to mod your car was neither the original thesis nor intention for this thread. Second, to assume that everyone in this community is here only for modification is clearly a general fallacy and inappropriate. If that were the case, there would only be one subject/thread.

I believe the EPHatch forum to be an online meet/community (obviously) as though all of us are meeting in person. Now, say we are at a car meet-- would you really come up to a person during a conversation about EDM vs. JDM and rudely say, "how about you actually mod your car instead of just playing into this whole OEM trend" Please be aware that the majority of adults in EPHatch have mature aspect of how a community should interact.

This is not entirely directed to Texas, but for all members to either respond with some formal integrity or not at all. If that is really too much to ask, then here is a link to Honda-tech. http://honda-tech.com.

Erik

mp_02si
06-06-2008, 07:45 AM

Everyone involved within the EPHatch Community is entitled to his or her own opinion. As a community, we must all do our part to contribute as much information needed to simulate as much positive feedback to the creator of the thread. As some of you might agree, this is one of the reasons why most EPHatch users post here rather than Honda-Tech; immaturity will only give you ego points.

As stated by TexasTechEP3 "how about you actually mod your car instead of just playing into this whole OEM trend" Your statement appears to induct rude behavior. In response to your statement, please respect the thread as well as patrons of the thread by choosing your words wisely. Bluntly stating to mod your car was neither the original thesis nor intention for this thread. Second, to assume that everyone in this community is here only for modification is clearly a general fallacy and inappropriate. If that were the case, there would only be one subject/thread.

I believe the EPHatch forum to be an online meet/community (obviously) as though all of us are meeting in person. Now, say we are at a car meet-- would you really come up to a person during a conversation about EDM vs. JDM and rudely say, "how about you actually mod your car instead of just playing into this whole OEM trend" Please be aware that the majority of adults in EPHatch have mature aspect of how a community should interact.

This is not entirely directed to Texas, but for all members to either respond with some formal integrity or not at all. If that is really too much to ask, then here is a link to Honda-tech. http://honda-tech.com.

Erik

well said, all of us ephatch guys need to stick together, there are enough people that talk trash about our cars as it is, whether ur usdm jdm edm or whatever... all that matters is just that we are basically all here for the same reason and thats for the love of the ep3

RedSiBaron
06-06-2008, 07:58 AM

Erik

well said, all of us ephatch guys need to stick together, there are enough people that talk trash about our cars as it is, whether ur usdm jdm edm or whatever... all that matters is just that we are basically all here for the same reason and thats for the love of the ep3

HERE HERE!!! i like the way you guys think! :thumb:

charles
06-06-2008, 11:42 AM

what are your idea of mods then? neon lights, chicken wire grill, 19" chrome spinners?

FELON-K20
06-07-2008, 09:55 AM
i voted jdm :pray2:

pynikal
06-07-2008, 07:52 PM
i voted EDM.

EDM is the new JDM IMO.

xachary82
06-13-2008, 03:02 PM
I guess everything really is bigger in texas.. including the pwnage.. and tex.. your comment was very rude towards me. I started this thread in hopes of seeing what ppl like/prefer about the two cultures. I neither try nor want to follow a bandwagon in any way. if you don't like jdm or edm go to advance auto and get some apc stuff, start a thread about that and see how many ppl react like you have towards me. but anyways lets get back on subject.

Unknownally
06-13-2008, 05:54 PM
JDM because that is their origin.

shortstop
06-13-2008, 09:20 PM
i like both but edm if only one could be available

TexasTechEP3
06-16-2008, 03:29 PM
what are your idea of mods then? neon lights, chicken wire grill, 19" chrome spinners?

If you don't like jdm or edm go to advance auto and get some apc stuff

You two just proved how narrow minded you are when it comes to buying something outside of JDM/EDM. There's more to modding than converting your car to JDM/EDM specs and thinking you have a rare car when everyone else does the same thing. APC might not be choice parts (I'd never do it) but atleast its not played out. You guys act like there is only one option when modding an EP.

:mangel:

ShadySi
06-17-2008, 06:28 AM
EDM, turning signal mirrors. That is all.

fonzeka
06-17-2008, 07:33 AM
EDM, because I own one :mbiggrin:

xachary82
06-17-2008, 11:16 PM
wow as of now it is 49-51 almost split down the middle.. I was expecting jdm to be way higher cuz you hear the most about japanese stuff but I must say I love uk type r's.. sophistication is very important to me and hid's and rear fog lights are just little things that make a difference.. plus don't the uk gauges register 260 km/h while the jdm only register 200 or something.. if I recall that is the equivalent to around 120mph (just a guess) but if someone knows for sure I'd like to know.. idk to me the edm ep is just more interesting to me. I would like to know all the differences between the edm and jdm ep3's someone who knows should list them..

JCEM
06-17-2008, 11:38 PM
.. plus don't the uk gauges register 260 km/h while the jdm only register 200 or something.. if I recall that is the equivalent to around 120mph (just a guess) but if someone knows for sure I'd like to know..

200km/h is ~ 120mph
260km/h is ~ 150-160mph

supreme
06-18-2008, 01:10 PM
jdm is played out.:washing:

STP03BlueSI
06-18-2008, 01:56 PM
EDM - ORIGIN OF THE EP3...not Japan.:violin:

Madeinjapan
06-20-2008, 08:18 AM
USDM :) HFP ftw

slo_k20
06-20-2008, 09:30 AM
even though my car is stock ill say jdm because it looks fantastic.

ts ep3
06-21-2008, 12:15 PM
little of both and side of usdm because you cant change every:mwink:thing

xachary82
07-05-2008, 01:49 AM
I cant believe it turned out to be this close.. very surprising. god i love ephatch. if ephatch were in the form of a woman I would marry her,but anyways, keep the votes coming

Jukka
07-05-2008, 07:28 AM
I perfer EDM. My last car had a bunch of hard to find european parts. I think the whole "JDM yo" thing is played out. There arent enough people out there doing the european style. I think that because our cars are built in the UK too, JDM on them is kinda odd.

SiR R8TD
07-05-2008, 08:30 AM
I definately love the EDM dash w/ the HVAC controls on top & radio on the bottom. I'd love to get my hands on one.

mr-alternative
07-05-2008, 10:56 AM
I definately love the EDM dash w/ the HVAC controls on top & radio on the bottom. I'd love to get my hands on one.

I guess you mean it I have got in in my car...but is only for manual A/C...for automatic A/C we got the same one...

radio was placed until 03 on buttom after 03 facelfting in top...

I choose EDM...because....look leftside....:mwink:

SiR R8TD
07-05-2008, 11:27 AM
I guess you mean it I have got in in my car...but is only for manual A/C...for automatic A/C we got the same one...

radio was placed until 03 on buttom after 03 facelfting in top...

I choose EDM...because....look leftside....:mwink:

Do you have any pics of the EDM center dash, both types?

pynikal
07-05-2008, 01:19 PM
USDM :) HFP ftw

x2!!!!:mcool: