PDA

View Full Version : New to the site! Hello.

maconperformanc
05-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been a honda/acura enthusiast for a long time. I just purchased my first k series car, the ep3.... I bought the car with no guts...i.e. motor, tranny, ecu.... I have now purchase the factory motor, tranny, and pnf ecu and I'm about the start the install. I have not done a install on a k series car, but I am not worried. I'll update this thread with pics and progress on the car....

Chris

FoReVaPmP
05-28-2008, 08:36 AM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been a honda/acura enthusiast for a long time. I just purchased my first k series car, the ep3.... I bought the car with no guts...i.e. motor, tranny, ecu.... I have now purchase the factory motor, tranny, and pnf ecu and I'm about the start the install. I have not done a install on a k series car, but I am not worried. I'll update this thread with pics and progress on the car....

Chris

:whoo: nice project Chris..... hope all goes well, and if you need some advice just let us know......:mbiggrin:

RedSiBaron
05-28-2008, 08:37 AM

Chris

please tell me you didnt buy a k20a3 (stock usdm ep3 motor)...if it didnt have an engine you should atleast put the k20a2 in it (the type s motor)

and welcome

Draw7Seven
05-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Hey I'm in Macon! Bout time we had another Mactown hatcher.

FoReVaPmP
05-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Hey I'm in Macon! Bout time we had another Mactown hatcher.

show him your car....:msmile: He might change his mind about the A3.....:mangel:

:msmooch:

Draw7Seven
05-28-2008, 08:48 AM
show him your car....:msmile: He might change his mind about the A3.....:mangel:

:msmooch:

Haha I'll help him drop that bish in there, I need a caravan buddy for MDBBQ08 :mwink:

ep3moschini
05-28-2008, 08:49 AM
welcome!

FoReVaPmP
05-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Haha I'll help him drop that bish in there, I need a caravan buddy for MDBBQ08 :mwink:

:nod: :rockon:

ProfessorM
05-28-2008, 09:13 AM
welcome and good luck with the project.

ep3er
05-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Welcome newbie!

maconperformanc
05-28-2008, 10:53 AM
I am putting in the A3, but I'm gonna boost it. Right now I just want to get it riding and saving me money on gas.... Where in Macon are you from?

civictype_r04
05-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Welcome.

ohdamngetit
05-28-2008, 10:56 AM
:welcome: and gl on the project! I'm sure you wont have much trouble but if you do, you know where to go for help :smile:

maconperformanc
05-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks guys, I feel at home. :)

Draw7Seven
05-28-2008, 03:03 PM
I am putting in the A3, but I'm gonna boost it. Right now I just want to get it riding and saving me money on gas.... Where in Macon are you from?

I grew up on the north side just outside the city limits, out on Rivoli up near Bass Rd. But now I go to Mercer and the parents just moved near Tattnall Square Park so I'm in their house for the summer (I live on campus).

skoo74
05-28-2008, 03:44 PM
howdies!

maconperformanc
08-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Finally got this thing running! not to good, but running.

This is the rundown:
*K20A3 from a Base model RSX
-PRB manifold (P2R Gaskets both)
-Tbody from a RSX Base
-stock header and exhaust
-stock inj

*Original 5spd tranny (cant believe i found it)
-Exedy clutch kit

*KPro - (also have the PNF- not key matched though)

*Still need a intake or stock box.

Let me tell you whats happening right now....
The car is running really rich (at least the blk smoke is telling me that coming out the exhaust). It is also reving to 4k and no higher.... I have two DTC. One is primary O2 malfunction. Kpro shows no voltage or anything. The other is for vtec system malfunction. I found the Vtec problem. The clip to the vtec solinoid is broken. I have one coming in soon. I hate to purchase a $200 dollar O2 sensor and that I dont need. Any suggestions??

maconperformanc
08-21-2008, 07:13 PM
I prob should put this in another section, but I wanted to update this thread.

SinisterCivicSi
08-22-2008, 07:25 AM
tell you what, make a members ride page and i can transfer your info posts to that thread so you dont loose it.

welcome to epcrack!