PDA

View Full Version : weird - K20a2 with a bent valve

Jpax
05-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Now first i want to say I didn't charge this guy, just wanted to see what this motor would put out.

details

K20a2
Strut header and 2.5 in exhust
short ram intake
Skunk 2 stage 1 cams
skunk 2 duel springs and Ti retainers

engine has some bent valves, so if it blew up on the dyno it won't be a big deal he said lol
heres a pic of the cam

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/jpax/engine%20parts/IMG_6335.jpg

installed BC stage 2 cams and
from 175hp to 206 hp and 153 tq

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/jpax/engine%20parts/IMG_0060.jpg

I think the valve or valves that are not sealing is why the numbers are so low, the car has alot of blow by too, but the owner is going to build the motor for N/A and get some high compression pistons and better rods.

but it was good to see that the car was able to make some power with the stage 2 cams.

jimmmay
05-28-2008, 02:28 PM
lol

Jpax
05-29-2008, 12:38 AM
I lawled myself too. anyone else have cracked skunk 2 cams?

brandan_renner
05-29-2008, 01:45 AM
dame if my cam was cracked i wouldent even start my car let alone do a dyno pull

Jpax
05-29-2008, 02:58 AM
They swaped out the cracked skunk 2 cams for the Brain crower stage 2 ones, but it still didn't make the Hp we were looking for. so time to rebuild!

shadowmd
05-29-2008, 04:24 AM

i had skunk2 stage two cams that had a f'ed up low speed cam lobe. it looked like the grand canyon if that makes any sense. the edges of the lobes were at proper height but the center of the lobe was about 1cm lower lol....i have no clue...sent them back and got new ones....

kon
05-29-2008, 12:30 PM
i had skunk2 stage two cams that had a f'ed up low speed cam lobe. it looked like the grand canyon if that makes any sense. the edges of the lobes were at proper height but the center of the lobe was about 1cm lower lol....i have no clue...sent them back and got new ones....

same here...but ended up running them and scared the lobe lol

talonXracer
05-29-2008, 12:34 PM
I have seen several A2 cams that ended up with cracks in them, stock, IPS and Junk2. ALL were directly contributable to installer error, the cam tower tightening sequence MUST be followed to the letter!

Jpax
05-29-2008, 01:10 PM
I have seen several A2 cams that ended up with cracks in them, stock, IPS and Junk2. ALL were directly contributable to installer error, the cam tower tightening sequence MUST be followed to the letter!

yeah I figured so, some shop south of seattle did it. not sure who beucase I just showed up to tune, but looks like they won't be getting much bussiness if they keep this up.

SinisterCivicSi
05-29-2008, 01:51 PM

oh boy.... :mredface:

They swaped out the cracked skunk 2 cams for the Brain crower stage 2 ones, but it still didn't make the Hp we were looking for. so time to rebuild!

:rofl:

you said brain.... :msmooch: