PDA

View Full Version : I should have gotten a better clutch.

RoyVegasPinoy
05-28-2008, 05:46 PM
To clarify the problem, my gears were having trouble shifting, as if something was blocking it from shifting. And if forced, it would grind. I have the ACT Heavy Duty Super Street Clutch, which has the springs. A spring might have broken off and is circling around, preventing the clutch to engage.

And now, I was driving it home and suddenly it completely would not allow me to shift anymore. Even if I forced it, it wouldn't even grind anymore. It just doesn't allow you to shift from neutral. I tried shutting off the car and starting it on first, but it could only be started in Neutral, so the clutch definitely is done.

Current Clutch Setup:
ACT Heavy Duty Super Street Clutch
ACT Prolite Flywheel

So Now I need a new clutch but need help on which to get for my setup:
Supercharged, 306whp, 235ft-lbs torque.

Thanks.

bdooley
05-28-2008, 05:53 PM
To clarify the problem, my gears were having trouble shifting, as if something was blocking it from shifting. And if forced, it would grind. I have the ACT Heavy Duty Super Street Clutch, which has the springs. A spring might have broken off and is circling around, preventing the clutch to engage.

And now, I was driving it home and suddenly it completely would not allow me to shift anymore. Even if I forced it, it wouldn't even grind anymore. It just doesn't allow you to shift from neutral. I tried shutting off the car and starting it on first, but it could only be started in Neutral, so the clutch definitely is done.

Current Clutch Setup:
ACT Prolite Flywheel

Thanks.

Did you look to see if the shifter cables are getting caught on anything ie intake or such

RoyVegasPinoy
05-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Yeah it's not the shifter cables cause it shifts smoothly when the engine is off.

talonXracer
05-28-2008, 06:02 PM
clutch net has some decently priced clutchs, probably a 2x red pressure plate and a 2x ceramic disc.

sidriverep3
08-30-2008, 09:04 AM
why does everyone reccomend the ceramic disc? its nicer to have the 3x pressure plate and a full face disc for a dd.

adam

27rocks
08-30-2008, 01:26 PM

Current Clutch Setup:
ACT Prolite Flywheel

Thanks.
i have the exact clutch setup as you and i sometimes find it hard to put it in first gear myself. also taking it out of reverse is a problem too.

Code99Kid
08-30-2008, 07:42 PM
I like my competition clutch stage 5. It grips like crazy and the pedal pressure is not to stiff like the ACT pressure plates. When I was driving my old Miata with a ACT HD I think my left leg got a little bigger than the right. Try the CC stage 5. I am just at 291hp and 262tq and I dont have any problems.

talonXracer
08-30-2008, 07:56 PM
i have the exact clutch setup as you and i sometimes find it hard to put it in first gear myself. also taking it out of reverse is a problem too.

Adjust the CMC pushrod for a little more throw, clutch pedal further from the floor, and it will be worlds better.

To cure the problem completely, the trans has to be pulled and a washer needs to be installed behind the pivot ball.