PDA

View Full Version : Super short ram intake

itchy5
05-28-2008, 06:25 PM
So recently i had trouble with my CAI sucking up water and after having a really close call in a heavy storm i decided its better safe then sorry. So i had my CAI modded into a SRI since i dont have extra money for a real SRI . It turned out pretty well and it is loud as hell :cheer2: ... good thing i live in texas :usa2:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/itchy5/IMG_0325.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/itchy5/IMG_0327.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/itchy5/IMG_0328.jpg

RedSiBaron
05-28-2008, 06:34 PM
dont mess with texas...good free thinking man...though it sucks you cant run a CAI

itchy5
05-28-2008, 06:47 PM
dont mess with texas...good free thinking man...though it sucks you cant run a CAI

:tea: .. yeah it sucks, when i bought the car it didnt have part of the wheel liner or a splash guard so if i bought those a CAI could probably work

civictype_r04
05-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Not bad but you should look into getting the splash shield so you can run a CAI. A SRI is more like a hot air intake.

twep
05-29-2008, 03:26 PM
better clean that filter too... it's getting a bit too dirty

itchy5
05-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Not bad but you should look into getting the splash shield so you can run a CAI. A SRI is more like a hot air intake.

yeah, im working on it. i have to get a new clutch first. :mconfused: mine is slipping like crazy

hothatch
06-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Injen cai w/ a injen hydrosheild= water not a issue and all the performance

Hondatuner87
06-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Injen cai w/ a injen hydrosheild= water not a issue and all the performance

water is still an issue. i am from chicago land area (lived there for 18years of my life) but now i live in texas. texas has some very HEAVY rain storms and lots of FLOODING. I was rocking a cai when i lived in illinois, but when i moved down here to texas i witnessed some of the most heavy rain storms ive ever been in. i had a very close call once when this street i had to go down was flooded...sucked up water...and almost hydrolocked my car. Im using a sri right now and couldn't be more happy. If it doesn't rain too heavy by where you live, then by all means...grab a cai...it will net you better gains.

itchy5
06-01-2008, 07:35 PM
water is still an issue. i am from chicago land area (lived there for 18years of my life) but now i live in texas. texas has some very HEAVY rain storms and lots of FLOODING. I was rocking a cai when i lived in illinois, but when i moved down here to texas i witnessed some of the most heavy rain storms ive ever been in. i had a very close call once when this street i had to go down was flooded...sucked up water...and almost hydrolocked my car. Im using a sri right now and couldn't be more happy. If it doesn't rain too heavy by where you live, then by all means...grab a cai...it will net you better gains.

exactly. texas rain is absolutely ridiculous. I'd rather lose a few hp and not have to worry about which street i can or cant drive on that day :attention:

Mr ShinSmasher
06-02-2008, 06:41 AM
exactly. texas rain is absolutely ridiculous. I'd rather lose a few hp and not have to worry about which street i can or cant drive on that day :attention:

I'm in the same boat, so to speak. The first week I lived in TX it did nothing but rain and there was flooding everywhere. No CAI for me. I will gladly take the small hp loss to avoid hydrolock.

shivic
06-02-2008, 02:28 PM
i did suck up water living in utah, the 2nd driest state and it twisted all my rods and chunked out the block. its not worth it for 5 extra horsepower and i'm so sick of people saying it is. just wait till it fuqs you.

EP3Casas
06-02-2008, 03:06 PM
heat soak ftl tho

EPandaman29
06-02-2008, 03:50 PM
heat soak ftl tho

haha seriously...

ZUmbabwe
06-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Hey great idea. My EP die today while I was letting my friend borrow it. He drove it in really heavy rain and I had to get it towed home. I think it'll be alright with a oil change and new plugs, but I was prepared for a thrashed block or something. I'm turning my AEM CAI into one of those sweet little things!

02_epdriver
06-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Maybe someone would know, but isnt almost better to run the stock box with an upgraded filter than a SRI? I just took out my old Injen CAI and put my stock box back in with a K&N filter until I save a enough cash for a Mugen box.

thaseint
06-11-2010, 06:47 AM
Maybe someone would know, but isnt almost better to run the stock box with an upgraded filter than a SRI? I just took out my old Injen CAI and put my stock box back in with a K&N filter until I save a enough cash for a Mugen box.

I would think so...I've been running my Hondata box for...well since ever.

For about 2 months I used an eBay SRI w/ K&N filter and while the car made a lot more noise it just felt like it was standing still. Felt like the low-end was zapped. It sounded nice and it really cleaned up the engine bay (I painted mine flat black); but it just felt funny making all that noise and not really going anywhere. :mconfused:

The Hondata box just feels a bit more consistent. The power band just feels smoother. You can also buy some brake duct and route it over the radiator for the Mugen duct effect...

Ep3 ked
06-11-2010, 03:02 PM
I did the same thing to my CAI it came out nice im happy with it

2k3hatchie
06-11-2010, 06:27 PM
I've got an Injen SRI, and I'm going to stay away from a CAI. We had A LOT of flooding around here during the spring thanks to what seemed like a month solid of rain and I definitely would have had problems driving through unavoidable deep water. I do love the way the car sounds with an SRI, but is it actually giving me better gains than the stock box? I don't have any numbers but my butt dyno things so:mbiggrin:. I also like the way it cleans up the engine bay. I was surprised how much more the stock box weighs compared to the SRI (not saying its a big deal though).