PDA

View Full Version : Coilover ride height Adjuster is stuck =[

civiKSiborg
05-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Yes.. After a rough winter with lots of salt (poor EP) I have finally decided to let the car drop to the ground again. The only problem is that the corrosion and rusting has seized up the adjuster for changing the ride height. Ive tried a lot of different tactics to try and loosen up the adjuster, such as PBing the hell out of it, using a hammer to shake the corrosion off, using a long "cheater bar" on the adjustment tool, but it just wont budge. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to loosen it up?

twep
05-29-2008, 03:29 PM
hmm.... would antiseize work? i don't know if it'll be bad for your coilovers tho

I used anti-rust spray before winter so it won't rust up...

anyone help?

antisocial
05-29-2008, 10:26 PM
yeah, anti sieze would have been a great idea. i take my coils off for the winter, and stiil used antisieze. soak it with penetrating oil every day for a week and try it again. also make sure you are trying to turn it the right way:mtongue:

civiKSiborg
05-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Yeah I was gonna do the anti rust spray idea. But I put them on mid summer last year and still had a pretty decent layer of zinc-coating left on it.. I guess it wasn't enough :mfrown: Well I tried looking for a tool that would go around the entire height adjuster, and I think I found what I was looking for... On an SRT-4 forum (lmao i have no idea how i got there, im sorry ='[) but I found someone having the same problem and they were talking about using a strap wrench to go around it. Maybe ill give it a try tomorrow morning and Ill grab a stick on anti-seize on the way out to make sure this doesnt happen again.