PDA

View Full Version : Lock actuator crapped out today.

SiR R8TD
05-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Everything was working fine until I went to lock my car. The driver side lock does not function at all. Now I have to lock & inlock it manually. When I press the lock on the fob I hear a rapid clicking from under the dash. It even stopped beeping when I press the lock 2x on the fob. What the hell is going on? Can the actuator be messed? Any suggestions?

charles
05-30-2008, 03:20 AM
same thing happened to mine. just deal with it unless you want to get it fixed. I dont really care, i have no money to fix it, so im just gonna leave it be.

4angrybadgers
05-30-2008, 05:17 AM
It only beeps on the second lock press if it detects all doors locked with the first press. My guess is that rapid clicking is a relay spazzing out - I don't remember where the lock relay is, but if you can find it, check it out.

If you can get the FSM run through the troubleshooting procedures.

If you have a multimeter, you can do a quick-n-dirty test on the actuator harness. Locking and unlocking each produce a single 12V power pulse, with opposite polarities.

Sucka
05-30-2008, 11:33 AM
I have the same problem.

benkieboy
05-30-2008, 11:55 AM
i had the same problem before. just replace the acutators and you'll be fine. you can just get the brandless ones for less than 35 bucks. i had mine replaced by someone so i paid for labor (another 60bucks) but if you're not lazy to do it, it's a pretty easy fix.

Kumar
05-30-2008, 01:02 PM
My driver side actuator went out right after I changed the passenger side. That thing is a bitch to install.

mAtAs2U
05-30-2008, 01:05 PM
My driver side actuator went out right after I changed the passenger side. That thing is a bitch to install.

same crap happen to me but 1 week later :mbiggrin::mbiggrin:

Kumar
05-30-2008, 01:16 PM
same crap happen to me but 1 week later :mbiggrin::mbiggrin:

Mine stopped working about a week later also haha. And after being traumatized by the passenger side I said hell with changing the driverside.

SiR R8TD
05-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Today it was working for about 1min, then stopped again. I'll have to fix it, those little things bug the hell out of me.

mAtAs2U
05-30-2008, 01:27 PM
:mbiggrin:
Mine went stopped working about a week later also haha. And after being traumatized by the passenger side I said hell with changing the driverside.

hahahahahha ...:mbiggrin::mbiggrin:

Kumar
05-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Today it was working for about 1min, then stopped again. I'll have to fix it, those little things bug the hell out of me.

My driver did the same thing. It worked twice and I thought that maybe it was ok but then not at all.

SiR R8TD
05-31-2008, 04:01 PM
Where can I get a generic oem replica actuator? Lots of $$$ for original Honda.

Sucka
05-31-2008, 05:21 PM
Does anyone have a DIY and the part number for this?

4angrybadgers
05-31-2008, 05:55 PM
Does anyone have a DIY and the part number for this?

It's not a full DIY, but this shows you the actuator and location: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44557
The factory service manual has the steps to pull off the door panel.

https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_parts_list.php?hp_queried_components=0&hp_series_id=3337&hp_series_model=CIVIC&hp_series_year=2003&hp_series_door_ext_grade=3DR+SI&hp_series_transmission=5MT&hp_series_slsareacd=KA&hp_system=H&hp_component=B++5310
72115-S5A-003 passenger side
72155-S5A-A01 driver side

SiR R8TD
08-30-2008, 10:42 PM
I finally got around to replacing my d/s actuator. What a pain it was! Finally I have my keyless entry back.

MaxBoost
09-09-2008, 08:46 PM
soo on a scale from 1-10 10 being difficult. how hard is it to replace, i told to honda and they were going to charge $300. to do, and it's a $30 part and i want to fix both doors..

Passenger
09-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Mine did the same thing a few years ago. I blamed it on my friend cause he kept pushing it down and pulling it up alot one day.. Im used to it not working but I still use the keyless to lock/unlock the rest of the doors. since its pretty cheap Ill probably get it fixed soon :mbiggrin:

Blindeye_03
04-04-2010, 01:23 PM
This is kinda funny... my drivers side lock stopped working on my keyless entry and with my door lock switch. I now have to manually push down on my drivers side door lock to lock it, and when I do it locks ALL the doors, and when I pull it up it only unlocks my drivers side door.

Weird.

And yes I know this is an old topic but still bumping it b/c mine is having this issue.

Now I have to get the part and do it myself I assume.

Yippie!

ttttrigg3r
04-04-2010, 02:35 PM
i press the unlock twice and the passenger lock moves and looks like it unlocks but when i go to open the door it's like it didn't unlock. Would this be the lock actuator too?

dirtyMETHOD
04-04-2010, 06:31 PM
<<<<<VICTIM

that and my passenger window stopped working...aaaahhhhh.. need help with window motor.

2k3hatchie
04-05-2010, 12:12 PM
<<<<<VICTIM

that and my passenger window stopped working...aaaahhhhh.. need help with window motor.

Bummer with the window, I don't have any insight on that though as I've only done the actuator in my drivers door. It's pretty easy to do. I followed the video that was posted here before the crash and the new one installed in under 30 minutes.

Here is the Vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heRnJWXixdk

dirtyMETHOD
04-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Bummer with the window, I don't have any insight on that though as I've only done the actuator in my drivers door. It's pretty easy to do. I followed the video that was posted here before the crash and the new one installed in under 30 minutes.

Here is the Vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heRnJWXixdk

thanks for the vid. Im going to get both door lock actuators since I have to take apart the passenger side door for the window motor, plus I read here its pretty close for the other actuator to go once one has gone.