talonXracer
05-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Check this out....... http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44458

oogy-boogy
05-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Buy it!

talonXracer
05-30-2008, 01:14 PM
LOL, I wouldnt mind having one, but you need a half core rad and loads of customization and a 03' Mustang TB. (79mm)

I tell ya what Mel, you front the $$$ and I will install it!

The RBC works just fine for me at 1/10th the cost.....

Tnhatch03
05-30-2008, 01:30 PM
$1650! holy cow!! its sweet, but it ain't that sweet.

Lucid Moments
05-30-2008, 01:36 PM
I'll be damned Ron actually produced something. Thats a shocker.

!@#$%
05-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Funny how these manifolds just magically show up after IPS crumbled like a year ago. $1650 for a manifold? nthx.

oogy-boogy
05-30-2008, 02:18 PM
LOL, I wouldnt mind having one, but you need a half core rad and loads of customization and a 03' Mustang TB. (79mm)

I tell ya what Mel, you front the $$$ and I will install it!

The RBC works just fine for me at 1/10th the cost.....

Yeah, first time I had seen it so I ended up doing some research. Interesting to say the least. Can't justify the cost though.

Sounds good. I'll send you the loot in golden 500's. I can throw in Park Place if it seals the deal.

v1c10us
05-30-2008, 11:56 PM
alright, so im clueless on this one, you need a mustang throttle body, does this mean they are made for mustangs but happen to fit k24s? or they were made for a k24 and something weird happened and they only work with mustang tbs?

illusionsoflife
05-31-2008, 02:18 AM
alright, so im clueless on this one, you need a mustang throttle body, does this mean they are made for mustangs but happen to fit k24s? or they were made for a k24 and something weird happened and they only work with mustang tbs?

im gonna guess there made for k series but designed to use the mustang tb because they are bigger? mustangs for the years they are talking about didnt have 4 bangers. so i doubt it was made for the stang and fit our car. but i am just guessing

talonXracer
05-31-2008, 04:55 AM

It isnt that difficult to figure out,,,,the mani was designed for the K24/K20 and uses a Mustang TB, what is so difficult to understand???

shadowmd
05-31-2008, 04:56 AM
seen on last year on clutch masters car at Imports ve Domestics....its NICE!

Nitrofaint
05-31-2008, 05:58 AM
When you are paying $1650 for an intake manifold that's when you know you have too much money to blow.

Seriously I understand getting the last bit of hp out of an engine, but this is freakin ridiculous! A ported/extrude honed RBC or even a used ITB setup will work better and cost less.

I understand the cost of production, testing/dynos, and research put into this product, but it just puzzles me that someone would pay that much for it.

talonXracer
05-31-2008, 06:16 AM
A ported/extrude honed RBC or even a used ITB setup will work better and cost less.

Nope not even close, the IPS mani blows away both of those options as far as drivability, WHP and torque for the entire powerband.
But is it worth the price? Not for 99.999% of set-ups.

If they could have sold it at the original price they had set I would have one right now, but it is now twice the original price.

Nitrofaint
05-31-2008, 06:25 AM
Nope not even close, the IPS mani blows away both of those options as far as drivability, WHP and torque for the entire powerband.
But is it worth the price? Not for 99.999% of set-ups.

If they could have sold it at the original price they had set I would have one right now, but it is now twice the original price.

I don't see how an IM can surpass ITB for response and torque. If for example we are talking about a 48mm velocity stack per cylinder.

I understand the driveability, but if you are putting this on a race motor how much concern do you have for driveability...

talonXracer
05-31-2008, 07:19 AM
I don't see how an IM can surpass ITB for response and torque. If for example we are talking about a 48mm velocity stack per cylinder.

I understand the driveability, but if you are putting this on a race motor how much concern do you have for driveability...

It has been proven over and over on a dyno.

ITB's are not the best intake at all, and have issues at part throttle.

Lucid Moments
05-31-2008, 01:35 PM
It has been proven over and over on a dyno.

That is if you believe Rons dynos. I'll admit to a large bias on the issue though.

That is certainly true. I always laugh when I see people talk about getting ITB's for a daily driver.

RedSiBaron
05-31-2008, 02:32 PM

That is certainly true. I always laugh when I see people talk about getting ITB's for a daily driver.

HERE HERE

driveability is key for any street cars...

i try to steer people away from ITBS, but for some reason even when i tell them they still think that its still ok to run them without a plenum and filter as well, it just baffles me...even a large number of racecars with itbs will run a filter...:noidea: ah well

if i was building a race k20 id definitely look into this bad boy, good find talon

PAPITUYO326
06-02-2008, 05:28 PM

48mm Vel Stacks have been shown to LOSE power over the stock PRB Ep3 and Rsx-s Intake manifold. Having directly access to stagnant air via an ITB is not the ideal solution all the time. Sometimes you need flow to to be guided a little bit to build velocity before it hits the head.

The manifold was a steal at 800 when it first was advertised, but It never materialized for the price.

RedSiBaron
06-02-2008, 07:37 PM
48mm Vel Stacks have been shown to LOSE power over the stock PRB Ep3 and Rsx-s Intake manifold. Having directly access to stagnant air via an ITB is not the ideal solution all the time. Sometimes you need flow to to be guided a little bit to build velocity before it hits the head.

The manifold was a steal at 800 when it first was advertised, but It never materialized for the price.

well thats the problem with itbs, is some people dont run a collector plenum over them to control airflow to stabilize the air...i mean most race applications will still run a plenum over the ITBs...i mean, i know you know this, just adding to the conversation...this is just an ex aerospace engineer talking, your the one still fighting that fight right

Jman900
06-02-2008, 07:51 PM
thats alotttt of money for a manifold.. jesus

v1c10us
06-03-2008, 12:42 AM
It isnt that difficult to figure out,,,,the mani was designed for the K24/K20 and uses a Mustang TB, what is so difficult to understand???
it just seemed weird that something designed for our cars would require a mustang throtle body.. and since it does require the mustang throttle body and since there was no mention of what it's designed for, just that it "fits k24's i thought it was possibly a part that happens to fit our cars and makes more power.
kinda like that radiator hose thats made for a datsun or something that happens to be perfect for our cars if you're running certain mods.

RedSiBaron
06-03-2008, 06:00 AM
it just seemed weird that something designed for our cars would require a mustang throtle body.. and since it does require the mustang throttle body and since there was no mention of what it's designed for, just that it "fits k24's i thought it was possibly a part that happens to fit our cars and makes more power.
kinda like that radiator hose thats made for a datsun or something that happens to be perfect for our cars if you're running certain mods.

well how it probably went down, which i dont have any problem with, and i think you are getting to caught up by the "mustang" part...is that they developed it, and needed a certain throttlebody to get what they wanted out of it, they found the mustang TB worked the best, and used that...i mean who cares who makes it as long as it works...

talonXracer
06-03-2008, 06:05 AM
One reason the Mustang TB was used is that the TPS is compatible with the Honda ECU, and the other is that they are tremendously cheaper because of the quantity of ford TB's available to the aftermarket vrs the crap and vaporware we deal with for the Kseries.

RedSiBaron
06-03-2008, 06:18 AM
One reason the Mustang TB was used is that the TPS is compatible with the Honda ECU, and the other is that they are tremendously cheaper because of the quantity of ford TB's available to the aftermarket vrs the crap and vaporware we deal with for the Kseries.

and there ya go! :mwink:

weltall
06-03-2008, 09:01 AM
the thread is gone