PDA

View Full Version : Leather Steering Wheel Cleaning

Danman281
05-30-2008, 11:33 PM
I have some leather conditioner for my leather couch, does that work?

ash281
06-02-2008, 06:39 PM
i duno for couch (i dont see why it shouldnt work)

but i used to have leather seats in my previous car so i just used the meguiars leather conditioner i used on those seats to my wheel

Danman281
06-03-2008, 03:50 PM
i duno for couch (i dont see why it shouldnt work)

but i used to have leather seats in my previous car so i just used the meguiars leather conditioner i used on those seats to my wheel

cool

that chick in your avatar is hot

az-epdrvr
06-03-2008, 03:51 PM
cool

x2 on the chick

dashehonda
06-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Get the real stuff for car interiors, since your interior will see alot more damaging sun rays than your couch ever will. Just use a good cleaner solution for leather, then hit it up with the best conditioner you can afford, that will ensure a long lasting leather. I always wear gloves afterr i do my wheel, so the look lasts longer, but im sorta Obsessive compulsive:mconfused:

EricP3
06-04-2008, 01:06 PM
I hate how the wheel looks shiny when you clean it. Is there any way to get it to look new again and not like a shiny turd?

Blackexcoupe
06-04-2008, 07:39 PM
I normally use Lexol leather cleaner to clean, and then I'll follow it up with some 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Danman281
07-01-2008, 05:12 PM
I normally use Lexol leather cleaner to clean, and then I'll follow it up with some 303 Aerospace Protectant.

I can never find any of that 303 stuff. Especially autozone nor O'rielly

Blackexcoupe
07-02-2008, 12:04 PM
I can never find any of that 303 stuff. Especially autozone nor O'riellyMost autoparts stores don't carry it. There are plenty of online vendors that have it.

2005rollingegg
07-24-2008, 12:12 PM
cool

Sorry for being offtopic but EricP3 avatar is wonderful. As for the steering wheel armor all makes a wipe for it that works great.

fatathaland
07-24-2008, 02:51 PM
I don't like the shinyness either. It just looks too "used." I'm pretty sure the constant greasing from your hands would keep it pretty oiled anyway.

I just use glass cleaners without ammonia, ya know, the kind for tinted windows. It gets rid of all the dirt and restores the grip to the leather. I've been dong it that way forever and no problem.

benkieboy
07-25-2008, 10:40 AM
I don't like the shinyness either. It just looks too "used." I'm pretty sure the constant greasing from your hands would keep it pretty oiled anyway.

I just use glass cleaners without ammonia, ya know, the kind for tinted windows. It gets rid of all the dirt and restores the grip to the leather. I've been dong it that way forever and no problem.

yeah that! it looks too used when the wheel it too shiny compared to the other interior parts.

Trimix
07-25-2008, 01:04 PM
I've been religiously using Meguiar's Gold Class leather cleaner/conditioner spray. It's only $5.99 at the Walmart here. It's done a great job in protecting my leather from the sun, my sweaty hands. Keeps a nice level of OEM grippiness. If you start early you can prevent the shinyness from settling in.

AliG-EP3
07-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Lexol makes a wonderful leather cleather and conditioner, highly recommended (I've been using it for 7 years in countless BMW's and Audi's)