PDA

View Full Version : abs sensor question

SinisterCivicSi
05-31-2008, 08:34 PM
ok here is a great trivia question...

how can you tell which side an abs sensor goes on? i bought 1 on k20 to replace mine in hopes of finding the other side later. well... i dont remember the sellers name, i deleted all my pm's and i have no freakin clue which one i bought, or does it matter? :mconfused:

if a pic would help let me know and i can post it. i just dont wanna buy 2 of the same one if it DOES make any difference. thanks everyone!

RHCP0801
05-31-2008, 09:25 PM
the mounting points should be different from one side to another

56chevydan
05-31-2008, 09:36 PM
I'd call the local Honda dealer parts dept. and ask them if the sensors have the same part number for both sides or a different part number for each side.
Honda is good in a lot of cases to stamp r and l on parts that are specific to one side of the car or the other.

SinisterCivicSi
05-31-2008, 10:58 PM
I'd call the local Honda dealer parts dept. and ask them if the sensors have the same part number for both sides or a different part number for each side.
Honda is good in a lot of cases to stamp r and l on parts that are specific to one side of the car or the other.

thats what i was hoping...

there is a stamp on the wire itself... but its not a typical part number for honda...

S 119 M84 633

i did a google search and it didnt bring up anything involving honda parts or hondas at all. however, it has two color bands close to the female end of the sensor connector... one is white and the other is yellow... if that means anything. does anyone happen to have a set of sensors handy that can look?

i have an opportunity to buy another sensor but i dont wanna get 2 of the same one if they are side specific... i can call honda monday but i was hoping someone on here would know before then. :cheer2:

talonXracer
06-01-2008, 07:13 AM
Yes they are different, the mounting bolt is offset to one side or the other and the metal mounts(that the sensor wires are attached to) that bolts to the strut and chassis are matched to the side that they are installed on. And they are different between the DC5 and EP3 knuckles, so if you have a DC5 knuckle from the swap you will need those vrs EP3 parts.

SinisterCivicSi
06-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Yes they are different, the mounting bolt is offset to one side or the other and the metal mounts(that the sensor wires are attached to) that bolts to the strut and chassis are matched to the side that they are installed on. And they are different between the DC5 and EP3 knuckles, so if you have a DC5 knuckle from the swap you will need those vrs EP3 parts.

...oh....

i used my ep3 sensors for the swap.... i was told i could... is that why they are all jacked up now? because they cleared everything and fit fine, it was when a buddy installed rotors - i am guessing he didnt put them back in properly.

the sensor i have now i think is from an ep. dam i need to find that guy and ask him now.

talonXracer
06-01-2008, 12:38 PM
...oh....

i used my ep3 sensors for the swap.... i was told i could... is that why they are all jacked up now? because they cleared everything and fit fine, it was when a buddy installed rotors - i am guessing he didnt put them back in properly.

the sensor i have now i think is from an ep. dam i need to find that guy and ask him now.

As long as you add a few washers under the sensor where the mounting bolt is, the EP3 sensor should fit the DC5 knuckle.

shadowmd
06-01-2008, 01:15 PM
that makes sense now mary why they were all chewed up. the were hittin the axle (abs part of the axle)

SinisterCivicSi
06-01-2008, 06:32 PM
ah ok, so i need dc5 ones. i wonder what one this is......