PDA

View Full Version : H brace and lower rear arm bar worth getting??

supercivician
06-01-2008, 09:52 AM
for the h brace:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H-Brace-Arm-Honda-Civic-01-02-03-04-05-ALL-RED-Megan_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33591QQihZ015QQit emZ250254312751QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

lower rear arm bar from corsport:

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_17&products_id=353

do they have a big impact on increasing the handling of the car

cow
06-01-2008, 09:55 AM
carbing bar - no
h bar - do you plan to track your car? don't buy the piece for the sake of it, buy it because you want to correct some aspect of handling. if you're just buying it to whore parts, save your money.

supercivician
06-01-2008, 10:13 AM
carbing bar - no
h bar - do you plan to track your car? don't buy the piece for the sake of it, buy it because you want to correct some aspect of handling. if you're just buying it to whore parts, save your money.

i just want to hold my speed around the corner, so i guess no for both

cow
06-01-2008, 10:18 AM
lower tie bars are pretty much worthless-- i'm honestly not sure why they exist.

this is my opinion of course, but i think buying parts for the pure sake of it is silly-- get some seat time at an autocross or something similar & then decide what you dislike about your car's handling. does it over steer, under steer, lose grip at full throttle, etc? from there, start correcting it to suit your driving style.

supercivician
06-01-2008, 10:23 AM
then what is going to increase handling on a dd

cow
06-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Good tires are a great start. What are your mods & what about your handling do you want to "increase?"

supercivician
06-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Good tires are a great start. What are your mods & what about your handling do you want to "increase?"

falken ze912 with sportline springs, front and rear strut bars, cpillar bar
im think getting tokico blue's.

i just want better handling around the corners

cow
06-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Consider spending the extra money for Tokico D-Specs. The Blues are OEM replacements-- nothing special. The adjustable damping with the d-specs is great for fine-tuning your handling.

supercivician
06-01-2008, 11:12 AM
what about upgrading the sway bar??

cow
06-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Stiffening the rear of the car will make it biased towards oversteer. Like I said, assess what you dislike about your car's handling & then make changes from there.

MugsyTheGr8
06-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Stiffening the rear of the car will make it biased towards oversteer. Like I said, assess what you dislike about your car's handling & then make changes from there.

looks like you got everything under control in here.

to the op, refer to the zzyx list.

Your suspension hierarchy

1. Driver
2. Tires
3. Alignment
4. Dampers
5. Springs
6. anti-roll bars
7. bushings
8. chassis bracing

Start at the top and work down.... but obviously swap out worn or broken parts 1st.

v1c10us
06-01-2008, 11:50 AM
according to that list
c bar h bar v bar x bar z bar tie bar lower arm bar blah blah blah bars should be last on your list.
fuck all those bars dood have of them connect one piece of metal to itself..
low arm bar? have you seen what it bolts to?
thats like taking an Iron Girder and then putting a piece of tubular steel on it and bolting it to it and saying, hey its stiffer now! it wont flex!

cow
06-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Agreed. Again, I highly reccomend learning one's car's limits & assessing what should be changed from there.

If you're just looking to go quickly down an exit ramp or hit up your favourite country road (yo), well...
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Forza-Motorsport-2/dp/B000FRVCAA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1212346665&sr=8-1

MugsyTheGr8
06-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Agreed. Again, I highly reccomend learning one's car's limits & assessing what should be changed from there.

If you're just looking to go quickly down an exit ramp or hit up your favourite country road (yo), well...
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Forza-Motorsport-2/dp/B000FRVCAA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1212346665&sr=8-1

lol, he doesnt want it:nerd:

cow
06-01-2008, 12:01 PM
lol, he doesnt want it:nerd:
Modding a car is a lot like cooking-- it's done to one's tastes & seasoned by what he feels necessary to improve upon what's already in place.

Buying parts for the pure sake of doing so is like adding a cup of butter to a souflee because he liked the buttery taste of popcorn at the movie theatre last night & hope it might translate well to his dish.

v1c10us
06-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Modding a car is a lot like cooking-- it's done to one's tastes & seasoned by what he feels necessary to improve upon what's already in place.

Buying parts for the pure sake of doing so is like adding a cup of butter to a souflee because he liked the buttery taste of popcorn at the movie theatre last night & hope it might translate well to his dish.

yes with one exception; you can almost always use more salt.. (I think the salt is like horsepower, its great up until the point that it kills you)

cow
06-01-2008, 12:07 PM
yes with one exception; you can almost always use more salt.. (I think the salt is like horsepower, its great up until the point that it kills you)
lol yeah.

best shit ever

http://www.stillpointsystems.com/alessi_fine_sea_salt.jpg

v1c10us
06-01-2008, 12:14 PM
lol.. you should see the back of my left arm.
morton salt girl tattoo ftw.

talonXracer
06-01-2008, 12:16 PM
The XX brace all on it's own had the greatest impact on handling behind the struts.

I do not consider the driver, alignment, or tires as being in that list. The driver part will come with the better suspension as you improve your skills(skills can not be learned if the vehicle is not capable), the alignment is essential after replacing any suspension component, and tires I dont consider on that list because even with crap tires everything else will work, just not as well without the great tires. Great tires will not help a land yact from wallowing around and leaving the road.

Thge "H" bar does not provide triangulation, only weight gain.

MugsyTheGr8
06-01-2008, 12:51 PM
The XX brace all on it's own had the greatest impact on handling behind the struts.

I do not consider the driver, alignment, or tires as being in that list. The driver part will come with the better suspension as you improve your skills(skills can not be learned if the vehicle is not capable), the alignment is essential after replacing any suspension component, and tires I dont consider on that list because even with crap tires everything else will work, just not as well without the great tires. Great tires will not help a land yact from wallowing around and leaving the road.

Thge "H" bar does not provide triangulation, only weight gain.

but, the ep is capable, a performance alignment can go a long way, and you can push harder with better tires. not arguing with you, but i think all the points on the list are valid for our application.

v1c10us
06-01-2008, 01:23 PM
you cant get the XX bar anymore can you?

talonXracer
06-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Used only.

They will be made again, but not anytime soon.