PDA

View Full Version : Carbing Rear Lower Tie Bar

civictype_r04
06-01-2008, 03:10 PM
The Carbing rear lower tie bar reinforces the structural integrity of the vehicle by connecting the two rear control arms. This reduces the chassis flex and reinforces the complete rear end under body.

Reducing the chassis flex enables the springs and shocks to operate more efficiently and effectively, ultimately improving the handling performance of the vehicle.

http://www.nengun.com/carbing/rear-tie-bar

ep_hatcher_510
06-01-2008, 08:09 PM
:dance:

ep3civic2nr
06-01-2008, 08:18 PM
The Carbing rear lower tie bar reinforces the structural integrity of the vehicle by connecting the two rear control arms. This reduces the chassis flex and reinforces the complete rear end under body.

Reducing the chassis flex enables the springs and shocks to operate more efficiently and effectively, ultimately improving the handling performance of the vehicle.

http://www.nengun.com/carbing/rear-tie-bar

this is what it looks like on an ep3...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2396/2414378249_2346f591ac_o.jpg

lazeebeast35
06-02-2008, 12:02 AM
yupz got that, didn't feel much difference but just to say i have a carbing rear lower tie bar sounds nice. unfortunately i put it on backwards so now the carbing logo is facing up instead of down, still too lazy to fix it.

civictype_r04
06-02-2008, 01:48 PM
This was posted just to show people that the bar was made for a reason not just for show. Mine just came in today.:mtongue:

dichotomous
06-04-2008, 11:26 AM
wouldnt just a peice of thick plate cut to mimic the mount be a lot stiffer and cheeper? or a thick guage channel? forgive me if I feel a tubular relatively flexy deal bolted on to two bolts going into the same peice and not tieing into anything else will actally make it stiffer in a usable way. if there were at least 3 bolts and some triangulation against the path of flex I could see how it would help, but this just kinda hangs off the side uselessly. if it actually reduced the flex in what I assume has to be an area with very strong forces against it, the device would be MUCH move involved than hanging a tube off the side.
it works for the front to connect strut towers cause they are not directly next to each other and they are actually out from the firewall a touch, so there could be some flex, and even the single-bar upper systems only keep the towers from flexing away from each other less, they dont even deal with the towers relationship to the chassis, just the other tower and only in 1 dimension, not whether one is flexing higher than the other (or flexing up from the chassis) or flexing fore/aft from each other or the chassis. you'd have to connect the tops of the towers to the opposing towers top and firewall and to the subframe near the opposing side lca mounts, connecting to the subframe futher up would help triangulate and stiffen things but the engine in sorta in the way and so you'd have to build in a bend which would flex.

ryko
06-06-2008, 02:11 PM
i am installing my rear lower tie bar today, actually i am about to put it on the lift right now! woohooo i really just bought mine for looks. :) it was $45.00 shipped off another member