PDA

View Full Version : Type R badges = Rice?

MR.Pizza
06-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Does putting Type R badges on our USDM civics = RICE?

KrypTOniTE
06-01-2008, 05:50 PM
NOPE!!!.... REBORN CIVICS in USDM....:mcool:
thats if your running a K20a3 stock.... < type r Swap..:peace:

talonXracer
06-01-2008, 05:53 PM
If it isnt up to CTR specs, then yes, it is pure rice.

clutch797
06-01-2008, 05:57 PM
If it's not imported then it's rice.

talonXracer
06-01-2008, 06:17 PM

Well, I suppose you are correct on that! LOL

MR.Pizza
06-01-2008, 06:18 PM
I voted for not rice if your modded pretty much like the Type R, I like how Mikeys ROTM looked.

FoReVaPmP
06-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Not rice, only if you can back it up. :mbiggrin:

case in point....
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/SinisterCivicSi/Alabama%20Field%20Party%20March%202008/alabama33.jpg

:peep::mbiggrin:

MR.Pizza
06-01-2008, 06:40 PM

case in point....
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/SinisterCivicSi/Alabama%20Field%20Party%20March%202008/alabama33.jpg

LOL, good point. I'm not gonna give'm shit about it.......:mangel:

dofu2
06-01-2008, 08:11 PM

case in point....

LOL, good point. I'm not gonna give'm shit about it.......:mangel:
I'm not scurred... Rice!!! (How much power he got in that thing anyways?)

Kodeen
06-01-2008, 08:14 PM
I might accept it if the car had a 100% completed (and accurate) CTR conversion.

RedSiBaron
06-01-2008, 08:17 PM

thats how i feel

ep_hatcher_510
06-01-2008, 08:29 PM
It don't matter, as long as you like, i wont call you a ricer.

ep_hatcher_510
06-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Another question, can the red H emblems be rice then since they only come with the type r?

BaLisTek
06-01-2008, 08:36 PM
what do you guys consider rice. Just for argument sake.. could i sport the Type R badges?
I don't think I ever will, but I am curious.

My mods are full exterior/interior minus seats. Front/rear lights

dofu2
06-01-2008, 08:41 PM
So would it be rice for a GSX or GS-T owner to scrape off the X or T and leave the GS?

RedSiBaron
06-01-2008, 09:11 PM
what do you guys consider rice. Just for argument sake.. could i sport the Type R badges?
I don't think I ever will, but I am curious.

My mods are full exterior/interior minus seats. Front/rear lights

i say that helps, since im the same, but id say more if you have the suspension, brakes, and engine, then its a type r IMO...it has the performance

in my case, i will be missing the head lights, engine/trans, and interior crap...but as of right now i dont care, im replacing that Si badge on the rear of my car with a Type R badge when i drop my engine in...ill have the suspension, brakes, and exterior to match...i havnt decided if i want the full interior but i dont feel that is what makes a type r, a type r

dashehonda
06-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Not if you have a "REAL" jdm kit and either an A2 (Euro Type R) or a real Jdm K20A

dashehonda
06-01-2008, 09:49 PM
So would it be rice for a GSX or GS-T owner to scrape off the X or T and leave the GS?

That would be called lying, especially when we roll up on it thinking its just a base model chick car

Draw7Seven
06-01-2008, 09:53 PM

case in point....

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I'm awesome. I'm bringing it to the BBQ so we can put it on random SUV's.

superchargedk20
06-01-2008, 11:00 PM
i have the type R badges on my car all around. i have the usdm lip kit and wing, JDM CTR skirts, panels, gauge cluster. i am running the JRSC-S. so there is some sort of extra umph to back up the badges. heres a pic of my rice, but rice or not i love how it looks

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc65/superchargedk20/GaragePics074.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc65/superchargedk20/GaragePics060.jpg

Lucid Moments
06-02-2008, 06:11 AM
It either is a Type R or it isn't. If it isn't then don't put it on there. If it is then it will already have the badge.

RedSiBaron
06-02-2008, 07:41 AM
It either is a Type R or it isn't. If it isn't then don't put it on there. If it is then it will already have the badge.

so what your saying is "if it aint a type r then it aint a tight car?"

:rofl:

fungkeyfresh
06-02-2008, 07:42 AM
i say do what you want. who's anyone to say it's rice or not. people have different ways of how they want their car to look/be so by all means go for it if you want it. whenever threads start up here about opinions on picking mods (especially appearance) for the car most people usually say "it's up to you".

Lucid Moments
06-02-2008, 08:02 AM

:msmile::mwink:
Actually no, cause I could give two shits about JDM:meek: Fake is fake though.

FoReVaPmP
06-02-2008, 08:09 AM

says the man with a C/F replica Type-R wing.....:mangel::msmooch:

Lucid Moments
06-02-2008, 08:59 AM
says the man with a C/F replica Type-R wing.....:mangel::msmooch:

Get your facts straight. Its the Silver C/F Mugen replica wing.:meek::mconfused::mredface:

I don't pretend its Mugen though. It does not have a Mugen badge. I bought it because I thought it would do the job of keeping the back end of my car planted when I'm braking from 130+ going into turn 10 at Road Atlanta. Not because its Mugen.:mwink:

FoReVaPmP
06-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Get your facts straight. Its the Silver C/F Mugen replica wing.:meek::mconfused::mredface:

I don't pretend its Mugen though. It does not have a Mugen badge. I bought it because I thought it would do the job of keeping the back end of my car planted when I'm braking from 130+ going into turn 10 at Road Atlanta. Not because its Mugen.:mwink:

I knew that.....:mconfused:

OK, I forget.... I = FAIL:mbiggrin:

Damn Mugen damn Type-R damn UKDM cars....:mmad:

MR.Pizza
06-02-2008, 09:35 AM
What if my JDM front bumper came with the type R grill, Do I have to remove the badge less I be scorned and ridiculed?:mangel:

FoReVaPmP
06-02-2008, 09:36 AM
What if my JDM front bumper came with the type R grill, Do I have to remove the badge less I be scorned and ridiculed?:mangel:

I wouldn't.:mredface: It's still JDM/UKDM :mangel:

Lucid Moments
06-02-2008, 10:35 AM

Yes:meek::mwink:

Seriously though, I'm more of the school of thought that its your car do whatever the fuck you want with it and don't normally volunteer my opinion unless its positive. But hey, you did ask.:yo::peace:

powdbyrice
06-02-2008, 10:46 AM
+1. even if we put all of the parts on our ep's, are there differences in the chassis (welds etc) that we would never be able to do?

arent they all imported from england?

I voted for not rice if your modded pretty much like the Type R, I like how Mikeys ROTM looked.
mikes is pretty close. need guages and minor stuff.

Another question, can the red H emblems be rice then since they only come with the type r?
yes.

sleeper ftw. i saw an MB e55 with e350 badges yesterday on the freeway. like the quad exhaust, diff cooler, lowered stance, and wide tires didnt give it away...

ROFL.

Princess
06-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Well, red carpets are rice, changing your shift boot is rice, red steering emblem is rice. Bodykits are rice. Stereos are rice, back seats are rice, A/C is rice, lol. All emblems other than stock are rice. CF is usually rice. JDM bumpers are rice. Anything that doesn't add horsepower is rice. But sometimes we like rice. If it is fun to you, then do it. My fuchsia window tint is totally rice, but I still like it.

If you want to put a Type R emblem on your USDM ep3 then go for it. I am sure it will fool some people. I have a EuroR emblem (which has nothing to do with my car) so I can't exactly criticize here. I just think "euro R" sounds cool.

http://www.boomplustoys.net/images/JDM%20Honda%20Parts%20Cars/Accord%20Euro-R%20Rear%20Emblem.JPG

But to be honest, what looks the best to me is no emblems at all anywhere. The sleeper look.

Passenger
06-02-2008, 04:26 PM

Amen :pray:

willy_akino
06-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Well, red carpets are rice, changing your shift boot is rice, red steering emblem is rice. Bodykits are rice. Stereos are rice, back seats are rice, A/C is rice, lol. All emblems other than stock are rice. CF is usually rice. JDM bumpers are rice. Anything that doesn't add horsepower is rice. But sometimes we like rice. If it is fun to you, then do it. My fuchsia window tint is totally rice, but I still like it.

If you want to put a Type R emblem on your USDM ep3 then go for it. I am sure it will fool some people. I have a EuroR emblem (which has nothing to do with my car) so I can't exactly criticize here. I just think "euro R" sounds cool.

http://www.boomplustoys.net/images/JDM%20Honda%20Parts%20Cars/Accord%20Euro-R%20Rear%20Emblem.JPG

But to be honest, what looks the best to me is no emblems at all anywhere. The sleeper look.
i would too

Tnhatch03
06-02-2008, 10:24 PM
as long as it is on a clean ride, i do not care.

oldschoolimport
06-03-2008, 06:20 AM

I might accept it if the car had a 100% completed (and accurate) CTR conversion.

I concur good sirs! :thumb:

ghettotech
06-04-2008, 05:32 PM
its your car..do what you want..

DRP967
06-04-2008, 07:21 PM
If its not a CTR, then i wouldnt put on the Type R badges.

If it is full CTR converted, i wouldnt put on the Type R badges.

If it is a CTR, id take off the Type R badges.

*Just my 2 cents

*Rice is in the eye of the beholder.

FoReVaPmP
06-04-2008, 07:32 PM
If its not a CTR, then i wouldnt put on the Type R badges.

If it is full CTR converted, i wouldnt put on the Type R badges.

*Just my 2 cents

*Rice is in the eye of the beholder.

badgless looks nice also.....:thumb:

art2
06-05-2008, 07:54 AM

that's what i'm gonna do this weekend. sick of these idiots trying to race me all the time. and debadging looks cleaner too.

Ep3T0n3y
06-05-2008, 09:31 AM

I think they look like rice. So i took them off.
Now i dont get pulled over by LAPD

fatdong
06-05-2008, 10:11 AM
RED H does not = rice

Type R badge on a car that isnt/doesnt have supporting modifications = rice

Princess
06-05-2008, 08:17 PM
I think some of us are becoming like the people who fix up 1957 Chevys. Some say keep it 100% stock, and other people don't care about looking stock and just go wild with it. You've got the purists and those who like to modify things.

http://www.poster.net/anonymous/anonymous-chevrolet-bel-air-1957-5300129.jpg

RedSiBaron
06-05-2008, 08:34 PM
RED H does not = rice

Type R badge on a car that isnt/doesnt have supporting modifications = rice

yah but the red badge is reserved for the type r models...its just as much a designation as the type r badge

RTE117
06-05-2008, 09:58 PM
It's rice unless it came on the car from the factory.

ep_hatcher_510
06-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Rice is when i saw a Honda Accord with a TRD decal, or the not so famous GTR mustang.

dofu2
06-06-2008, 05:31 AM
Rice is when i saw a Honda Accord with a TRD decal, or the not so famous GTR mustang.

Have you seen the Integra EVO Type-R somewhere between Oakland and SJ yet?

ep_hatcher_510
06-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Have you seen the Integra EVO Type-R somewhere between Oakland and SJ yet?

LOL no, now that you said it I am going to keep my eyes open for one.

mormonboy
06-11-2008, 02:30 AM
fuckin rice all day long. unless you own an actual CTR, then your are a ricer for even thinkin' bout puttin ctr badges on your car.

oogy-boogy
06-11-2008, 04:53 AM
fuckin rice all day long. unless you own an actual CTR, then your are a ricer for even thinkin' bout puttin ctr badges on your car.

Bye bye.....:msmooch:

jjr007
06-11-2008, 05:45 AM
Rice = Freedom of expression, guaranteed by our forefathers.
Nuff said.:mwink:

Kodeen
06-11-2008, 07:16 AM
I don't know if it's the badge itself that's rice, or just the 'Type- ' nomenclature itself.

"Hey, what type of Civic is that?"

"It is a Civic of the RACING TYPE, GWARBUDULARMURGAMURGA, RAWR!!!"

Actual Type-R's might be rice, depending on your definition.

Mickey
06-11-2008, 09:00 AM
Rice?????
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Msarenas/DSC03166_edited.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Msarenas/DSC03172_edited.jpg

MR.Pizza
06-11-2008, 09:16 AM
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::first:

Princess
06-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Rice?????

NOT rice. You have the k20a engine and the seats going on. Plus it looks like you put the Type R emblems on in the right spots for that factory look. In this case I would say the Type R emblems look good.

FoReVaPmP
06-11-2008, 11:07 AM
yah but the red badge is reserved for the type r models...its just as much a designation as the type r badge

QFT!!!!!!!:mbiggrin:

Blah1219
06-11-2008, 04:01 PM
i like rice and it tastes good :confused:

why not just get the k20a before ever getting type-r badges?
your just going to look like an idiot a slow one for sure

moso
06-19-2008, 12:38 AM
all i have is red h emblems and Britain flag i dont think im rice :mcool:

02CivicSI-VTEC
06-26-2008, 10:54 PM
anything that is modded on your car is consider "RICE" so stop nagging about it, Accept the fact! Unless is factory performance lol

v1c10us
06-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Does putting Type R badges on our USDM civics = RICE?

is your car a CTR?
I think you can understand my sentiment on them from that. If its not a ctr, dont lie and tell people it is, its just as bad as putting nos stickers on your car when you dont have nos.

v1c10us
06-26-2008, 11:41 PM

no.
Because they arent saying, this car is a type r
they are saying, this is a honda, except im a red emblem not a black emblem.

If i had a 240 that said Silvia on it, itd be rice.
If I had a car without nos and put a nos sticker on it; nos
its false advertisement, which is technically all rice is.
Its all show.

oldschoolimport
06-27-2008, 05:27 AM
is your car a CTR?
I think you can understand my sentiment on them from that. If its not a ctr, dont lie and tell people it is, its just as bad as putting nos stickers on your car when you dont have nos.about like when folks put the nissan "GT-R" badges on a mustang GT, thinking it means "GT-Race car". thats just wrong on so many different levels.:mrolleyes:

speaking of, back when the pontiac vibe first came out, pontiac had a production ready version on the show stand with off the autozone shelf GT-R badges. when mitsubishi brought over the GTO, it was renamed 3000GT out of courtesy. yet GM can blatantly rip off someone else and its supposed to be ok.

v1c10us
07-02-2008, 10:28 PM
about like when folks put the nissan "GT-R" badges on a mustang GT, thinking it means "GT-Race car". thats just wrong on so many different levels.:mrolleyes:

speaking of, back when the pontiac vibe first came out, pontiac had a production ready version on the show stand with off the autozone shelf GT-R badges. when mitsubishi brought over the GTO, it was renamed 3000GT out of courtesy. yet GM can blatantly rip off someone else and its supposed to be ok.

yeah thats pretty bad.
I just cant stand misbadging.

Windchaser
07-03-2008, 12:10 AM
no.

Its all show.

Technically, a 240 is a renamed Silvia. Japanese auto makers like to give their cars American (English) names, but the U.S. distributors thought it was corny to car named Silvia.

v1c10us
07-03-2008, 12:43 AM
Technically, a 240 is a renamed Silvia. Japanese auto makers like to give their cars American (English) names, but the U.S. distributors thought it was corny to car named Silvia.

I mean sure
but technically a civic si is a renamed civic type r too.
an s14 240 and an s14 silvia are very different cars, they have different headlights and different motors
just like an ep3 si and an ep3 type r are very different cars, with different bumpers and headlights and motors. regaurdless of if they share the same chassis, they're different cars in my opinion.

02TWSI
07-03-2008, 01:38 AM
I mean sure
an s14 240 and an s14 silvia are very different cars, they have different headlights and different motors
just like an ep3 si and an ep3 type r are very different cars, with different bumpers and headlights and motors. regaurdless of if they share the same chassis, they're different cars in my opinion.

Agreed.

They are completely different models, just like the FA5 Civic SI is different from the FD2 Type R........

I voted to do whatever the hell you want to your car. It's yours.

Just don't sport GTR bages, i'll sigh face at you

Windchaser
07-03-2008, 10:46 AM
I mean sure

You are not getting the point. The original 240 here in the U.S. was suppose to be a copy of the original Silvia, but the distributors here had to remodel it to make it fit in with the current models of the time. They didn't know how well it would compete with the other car manufacturers and went cheap with the car. The 240 is still known as a Silvia to automakers even though it doesn't even resemble the Silvia in Japan.

The Si here was never suppose to be a copy of the Type R and was suppose to be a copy of the base model EP for economical/sale reasons.

v1c10us
07-03-2008, 11:12 AM
You are not getting the point. The original 240 here in the U.S. was suppose to be a copy of the original Silvia, but the distributors here had to remodel it to make it fit in with the current models of the time. They didn't know how well it would compete with the other car manufacturers and went cheap with the car. The 240 is still known as a Silvia to automakers even though it doesn't even resemble the Silvia in Japan.

The Si here was never suppose to be a copy of the Type R and was suppose to be a copy of the base model EP for economical/sale reasons.

Well I guess that makes it slightly more acceptable, but in my eyes its still a completely different car, it comes with a different motor and its styled different, thats a big enough difference, regardless of intention, to not be allowed to call a run of the mill 240 a silvia.

RedSiBaron
07-03-2008, 11:43 AM
no.

Its all show.

i think i already mentioned this in the thread, but the red badge is reserved for the type r...so its as much a designation as the type r badge itself, it just doesnt say "TYPE R"...

or atleast thats what i think, but i could give a shit, i love my red badges...

ep_hatcher_510
07-03-2008, 11:47 AM
we are all ricers, so who cares:mangel:

Johnny
07-13-2008, 03:19 AM
You can put a K20a in it, you can put the JDM front and back bumpers on, you can put the recaro's in, you can put the side skirts on but at the end of the day, it's still not a TYPE R. It's your car but at the end of the day, I won't be the one get laughed at. :biggrin1: Believe me, your not fooling anyone.

Just one of many opinions on here.

mr-alternative
07-13-2008, 12:43 PM
i think i already mentioned this in the thread, but the red badge is reserved for the type r...so its as much a designation as the type r badge itself, it just doesnt say "TYPE R"...

or atleast thats what i think, but i could give a shit, i love my red badges...

I had the same discussion in some german Honda forum....

the red Honda badge stands only for a sportive car...not more....that it is a Type-R is defined by the "TypeR" badges on front grille and tailgate and by the stickers on side skirts..

This was the final conclution we had about this problem...and TypeR drivers accepted it, too....

I know some Type-R driver, which removed the Stickers and TypeR badge on tailgate. He replaced the tailgate red h badge with the normal chrome looking one like i had give on my tailgate ( he would giv eme his red one, but broken when removing it)...

But we changed our grille's to each other...so I get some full CTR grille...but removed the TypeR badge...this would be a stupid "Shiner" when on grille stands TypeR and then its powered by a brutally D14 engine...:heh:

But he has now some real shiner....a SSM CTR with a look of some normal available "Civic Sport" with optional CTR tailgate spoiler ( yeah...you could buy here some sportive Civic with look of TypeR)

AliG-EP3
07-13-2008, 08:17 PM
You can spend your money on better things...but as everyone has already said ten thousand times, at the end of the day it's your car

minivan_assassin
07-13-2008, 09:01 PM
we are all ricers, so who cares:mangel:

haha truth! imho if it has type-R badges then it better have rolled off the assembly line as a type-R. OR it better be a complete conversion, motor, exterior, seats, et al. Otherwise the only reason the badge is on their is because you think it looks nifty, which constitutes rice.

My Si rocks the Si badges because well...it's an Si.

RedSiBaron
07-14-2008, 03:48 PM
I had the same discussion in some german Honda forum....

the red Honda badge stands only for a sportive car...not more....that it is a Type-R is defined by the "TypeR" badges on front grille and tailgate and by the stickers on side skirts..

This was the final conclution we had about this problem...and TypeR drivers accepted it, too....

I know some Type-R driver, which removed the Stickers and TypeR badge on tailgate. He replaced the tailgate red h badge with the normal chrome looking one like i had give on my tailgate ( he would giv eme his red one, but broken when removing it)...

But we changed our grille's to each other...so I get some full CTR grille...but removed the TypeR badge...this would be a stupid "Shiner" when on grille stands TypeR and then its powered by a brutally D14 engine...:heh:

But he has now some real shiner....a SSM CTR with a look of some normal available "Civic Sport" with optional CTR tailgate spoiler ( yeah...you could buy here some sportive Civic with look of TypeR)

thats pretty cool!!

i was going off of my type r brochures i have collected and the 04/05 type r one and the new euro type r one said that the red badge was for the type r and the formula cars...:noidea:

Air Maxalot
08-12-2008, 01:05 PM

x2..

magmagik 1
08-12-2008, 01:18 PM
I vote on rice, even if you have a swap, it wont make you a true type R.

mattism78
08-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Why put something on the car if it's not true?

KrypTOniTE
08-12-2008, 09:01 PM
My bro just ordered a K20 DC5 typeR motor for his Ek.. finally he needs the badge!

NHBP ep3
08-12-2008, 09:20 PM
where does the term rice come from? and why the word (rice)

SiiK20
08-12-2008, 10:53 PM
I think some of us are becoming like the people who fix up 1957 Chevys. Some say keep it 100% stock, and other people don't care about looking stock and just go wild with it. You've got the purists and those who like to modify things.

http://www.poster.net/anonymous/anonymous-chevrolet-bel-air-1957-5300129.jpg

to be honest I never really understood the term "rice" Everyone mods their car on their opinions and thoughts. Modding is all just creative expression. Some people will like it, some wont. Its all about what you want your project to become of..

just my .02

OZ.EP3
08-15-2008, 06:36 PM

It's a derogatory term for Japanese Import cars, the word "rice" denotes negatives such as:

large exhaust canisters - aka "fart cans"
excessive decals - in many cases decals of products they don't actually own
aerodynamic pieces - usually oversized wings, pretty much anything visually that does not look subtle
false badging - installing upper model badges like "Type R" for Honda's or "///M" for BMW's. This particular modification is most common because it's rather inexpensive and easy to do. Some call it "fake" and some say it's a form of flattery to the upscale model their trying to emulate.

shivic
08-26-2008, 09:16 PM
are you sure they're rice?

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/9224/itrap7.jpg

Ep3_boy1
08-26-2008, 09:43 PM
I think they look awsome.

66elwood99
08-26-2008, 10:13 PM
My bro just ordered a K20 DC5 typeR motor for his Ek.. finally he needs the badge!

Where did he order it from and how much? :mangel:

Motor and tranny?

Thanks

66elwood99
08-26-2008, 11:05 PM
thats pretty cool!!

i was going off of my type r brochures i have collected and the 04/05 type r one and the new euro type r one said that the red badge was for the type r and the formula cars...:noidea:

That's what I always believed, the "Red" H is to signify the Racing Heritage of Honda not just Type R.......

JDMtunerEP3
08-27-2008, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't say the traditional red Honda badges are rice at all!

Now the yellow, blue, green, purple, etc... and so forth are complete rice!!!

They all need to be destroyed!

jjermzz
08-28-2008, 02:57 PM

The GTR mustang is famous. I remember seeing that around. Thats rice. You can rock a badge or two. NP over here.

benkieboy
08-28-2008, 03:28 PM
bahh!! i'll sport a DX badge! it's my car! it's your car! do whatever you like!

OPTIMISE
08-28-2008, 05:42 PM

R.I.C.E.

R ace
I nspired
C osmetic
E nhancements

IMO theres alot worse things you can do to your honda than putting type r badges on it. do what you like with your scooter egg, I like em...

iRockEP3
09-07-2008, 01:24 PM

couldent of said it any beter

JDMtunerEP3
09-07-2008, 02:07 PM
bahh!! i'll sport a DX badge! it's my car! it's your car! do whatever you like!

I have to agree!

At this point in the ball game for all of us everything has been done and originality isn't as easily achievable anymore!!!

So who cares what's rice or what isn't if you like it slap it on cause you're the only one driving it no anyone else...

sleepyEP3
06-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Honda says this about the type r "The type R represents a considerable performance increase over the base model." If you don't have at least 300hp, don't do it unless you can will races. A shit load of people will want to race you thinking you are a ricer.

Draw7Seven
06-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Honda says this about the type r "The type R represents a considerable performance increase over the base model." If you don't have at least 300hp, don't do it unless you can will races. A shit load of people will want to race you thinking you are a ricer.

The type-r puts about 160-170 to the wheels. Thread from the dead.

sleepyEP3
06-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Actually an Ep3 type R puts about 210-220hp. I mean we are on a ep3 website right.

yyi
06-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Actually an Ep3 type R puts about 210-220hp. I mean we are on a ep3 website right.

that

introvert
06-02-2010, 10:52 PM
The badge adds like 15-20hp..

mattchoo1189
06-03-2010, 03:40 AM
Just think of it this way... if someone with a Civic EX put an Si emblem on their car, wouldn't everyone immediately be like "RIICEEEE!!!"???? If your Civic is not a Type-R, don't put Type-R emblems on it.

username011
07-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Whats wrong with our Si badges? in Japan they import the Si often and usually getting the newest model.. so even if our car isnt type r its still unique since the whole world got the type-r and no si . .. .

but yeah you will get harassed by your type r badges on on a usdm vehicle..

Passenger
07-03-2010, 10:13 PM

Is it really that bad? I mean there are ppl on here that just have i/rh/e and a tune that are in that range..
I figured to the wheels a k20a was putting down like 195-205 to the wheels. :shrug:

kprocivic
07-03-2010, 10:49 PM
15% horsepower loss from the motor to the wheels. dont trip awd is even worse. pre turbo my car had 100 awd ponies to the wheels.

Draw7Seven
07-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Is it really that bad? I mean there are ppl on here that just have i/rh/e and a tune that are in that range..
I figured to the wheels a k20a was putting down like 195-205 to the wheels. :shrug:

What kpro said. Yes, it's that bad. The k20a isn't significantly better than the a2, which is the EDM "Type R" engine. I wasn't even speaking on the Type R topic, but it struck me as funny that somebody suggested you can't put a Type R badge on an EP3 until you're making 300 hp.

POOPTOOTH
07-04-2010, 06:25 AM
Old thread...still rice.

yyi
07-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Old thread...still rice.

agreed, it is rice.

heres the way i've always looked at it;
When a man wants to be a woman SSSOOO badly, he will start acting like a woman and dressing like a woman. This is what I consider 'posing', because he clearly is not a woman. But when a man goes through the surgical procedures that changes his sex and then acts feminine and dress like a woman, it is okay because he now is a woman.... sorta.

So, if you own a SI. Don't badge it and pose like you have a type-r, unless you make the transplants.

Draw7Seven
07-04-2010, 11:17 AM
agreed, it is rice.

When a man wants to be a woman SSSOOO badly, he will start acting like a woman and dressing like a woman. This is what I consider 'posing', because he clearly is not a woman. But when a man goes through the surgical procedures that changes his sex and then acts feminine and dress like a woman, it is okay because he now is a woman.... sorta.

So, if you own a SI. Don't badge it and pose like you have a type-r, unless you make the transplants.

So type-r's have vaginas? Finally the pricetag is explained.

nonamealr
07-05-2010, 10:17 AM
agreed, it is rice.

LOL, so would you ask that "woman" out now that he's technically a "woman"?:tehehyper: LMAO, anyways... I think if you do a decent amount of type R conversions then you can put the type R badge on. Even though it's STILL not technically a Type R, but whatever it's your car. If you just put type R badges on and haven't done anything to make it at least look like a type R it's Ricey. I'm going to put the red H badges on my car, but not the type R ones. I dont' think those would make it ricey. I'm fine with having Si on my butt. Too much money to convert...

66elwood99
07-06-2010, 05:25 AM
So type-r's have vaginas? Finally the pricetag is explained.

and why it always causes me headaches......... unless I buy something nice for it ;)

superchargedk20
07-06-2010, 10:41 AM
What kpro said. Yes, it's that bad. The k20a isn't significantly better than the a2, which is the EDM "Type R" engine. I wasn't even speaking on the Type R topic, but it struck me as funny that somebody suggested you can't put a Type R badge on an EP3 until you're making 300 hp.

I made over 300 to the wheel, So my Type R rep isnt considered rice anymore... Woooot!

introvert
07-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Cruising around about a month ago I noticed 3 different RSXs with "Integra" badges on them -- all within the span of a week. wtf? I felt offended for them having riced that crap in front of me... Couldn't believe I actually witnessed more than one of those crimes.

Draw7Seven
07-07-2010, 02:52 PM
I made over 300 to the wheel, So my Type R rep isnt considered rice anymore... Woooot!

Haha yeah, I like that there's an amount of horsepower that changes public opinion on the matter. Like the public knows what "300 whp" or "Type R" even means.

sleepy ep3
07-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Haha yeah, I like that there's an amount of horsepower that changes public opinion on the matter. Like the public knows what "300 whp" or "Type R" even means.

Sadly I agree with this. A person is smart, People in general are dumb. Ever worse, you can't change the mind of the dumb, ignorant assholes who say your Honda sucks even if it makes 1000 hp

sleepy ep3
07-07-2010, 03:34 PM
and why it always causes me headaches......... unless I buy something nice for it ;)
^^^^^^^That is funny as hell, and true. And sorry for not multi-quoting in advance. lol

Kerby
08-23-2010, 05:45 PM
I've always had the belief that if your car is a TRUE TypeR then rock the hell out of it. it just pure WIN.

But if you install it just cause... you might be pushing the envelope alittle too much.

K-Series
08-24-2010, 04:10 AM
Cruising around about a month ago I noticed 3 different RSXs with "Integra" badges on them -- all within the span of a week. wtf? I felt offended for them having riced that crap in front of me... Couldn't believe I actually witnessed more than one of those crimes.

But they are Integras...how is that rice? I don't think the red "H" is rice, but the "Type R" badge is. What's the difference you ask? Well, one is just a red "H" and looks nice. The other says "Hey, I'm a limited edition track/street car...well, in spririt". :)

Also, the lights, body kit and seats don't make the CTR...it's the motor and suspension. Get those pieces, and I'll see that as a CTR.

Steve

Kerby
08-24-2010, 06:31 AM

Technically they are Honda Integras.
They aren't TypeRs though.

mp_02si
09-08-2010, 05:49 AM
So would having cdm sir badges be considered rice? Also who exactly defines wat is rice and wat is not?
This subject is completely opinionated but to me rice is rocking a bulky body kit that has no function or a 10 foot aluminum spoiler mounted to your car with woodscrews etc... etc..... I think the term rice gets thrown around too much and should be reserved for the true riced out cars that make you want to puke when you see them; Not for an ep with type r badges.

urthworm
09-08-2010, 08:05 AM
mp_02si has a good point.. i see a whole lot of rice here in new mexico and its not the type r badges that are doing it. As for my ride.. i dont rock the badges on the outside just because i dont want people asking dumb questions but i do have the type r cluster and middle slidder thing (and i do have a k20a under the hood).

der3k
09-08-2010, 08:06 AM
what the fuck are you talking about? That comparison is ridiculous. The badges are not rice. To me its JDM. Just like putting Honda emblems on an Acura, or putting a RHD dash in a car. Its JDM not rice!

agreed, it is rice.

der3k
09-08-2010, 08:13 AM

Honda Integra emblems on a RSX is JDM. Red H emblems are JDM. Toyota Bb emblems are JDM. Inspire emblems on an TSX are JDM. Type R emblems are JDM, cause the car is not avaliable USDM. Thats the whole point!

NOT RICE! ITS JDM!

der3k
09-08-2010, 08:17 AM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/derek1_05/18-1-1.jpg

Kerby
09-08-2010, 08:21 AM
mp_02si has a good point.. i see a whole lot of rice here in new mexico and its not the type r badges that are doing it. As for my ride.. i dont rock the badges on the outside just because i dont want people asking dumb questions but i do have the type r cluster and middle slidder thing (and i do have a k20a under the hood).

where you get the middle slidder thingy? I'm looking for one.

superchargedk20
09-08-2010, 09:22 PM
My car has never been called Rice ever and I rock the emblems. Also what about the Red H then. Why wouldnt that bew considered rice?. I only think the Type R badges would be rice if u dont do anything to ur car to atleast make some kind of replica and you use the emblems to complete the "type R look". If u have a bone stock SI and you put type R emblems then i would say thats rice