PDA

View Full Version : Color matching the silver ep3

hothatch
06-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Everyone who knows about painting will tell you that silver is the hardest color to match.I recently ordered a mugen front lip and mugen wing for my ep3 and i need to get them painted the stock usdm silver that the car already is.Does anyone know whats the best route on getting a perfect match and any info on the silver color ep3s?

jimmyjames
06-01-2008, 07:31 PM
I ordered a can of spray from an online paint place and gave them the code. The spray matched well enough; no complaints.

03ep3 stapel
07-26-2008, 03:03 AM
on the inside of the door it shows the gross weight and their is a collor code in their also

shanewdude
07-26-2008, 07:13 AM
I had my HFP side-skirts painted to match, and the body shop that I like to use (large Mazda dealer with a GREAT reputation in their body shop) matched the paint better than my HFP front lip that came painted from Honda!

I suggest you get what you pay for when you find a reputable body shop that has a good painter.

team ERA 5
07-26-2008, 09:18 AM
i gave them my silver gas cap so they can match it up.

Windchaser
07-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Silver is not that bad when compared to white.

MugsyTheGr8
07-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Silver is not that bad when compared to white.

i would have thought it would be the other way around. three people in my family have silver cars, but they all look different. almost every white i see looks the same. idk maybe its because i own a silver car so i notice small differences.

jisungoppa
07-26-2008, 08:09 PM
i would have thought it would be the other way around. three people in my family have silver cars, but they all look different. almost every white i see looks the same. idk maybe its because i own a silver car so i notice small differences.

Is that Samurai Jack in your profile pic?

Windchaser
07-26-2008, 09:16 PM

it really depends on the type of paint the shop uses. if they use ppg universal base coat, matching won't be a problem. the reason why i say white is hard to match is because white is retarded. sometimes the paint comes out yellowish, though most people cannot tell unless it is pearl white. silver can be seen better so matching it is an easier process.

MugsyTheGr8
07-27-2008, 06:59 AM
Is that Samurai Jack in your profile pic?
yea

it really depends on the type of paint the shop uses. if they use ppg universal base coat, matching won't be a problem. the reason why i say white is hard to match is because white is retarded. sometimes the paint comes out yellowish, though most people cannot tell unless it is pearl white. silver can be seen better so matching it is an easier process.
ok, i see where your coming from

Unknownally
07-27-2008, 11:19 AM
I agree, silver is a bitch to match.

speeddemon
07-27-2008, 12:10 PM
go to any paint supply and they can look it up and get it for you