PDA

View Full Version : Vibration when I'm on neutral?

tigerpg
06-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Hello everyone,

My Civic 2002 SIR(Canadian version) has 96000km right now. When I'm on the neutral gear, I felt an unusual vibration from the front. Even the passenger side can felt that. I'm not sure where the vibration comes from. While I'm driving, I don't feel any of that. Only while I'm waiting for the green light.
I bought this EP in 2 weeks ago, the seller told me that I have to do the tune-up.
Now, should I do the tune-up first and start the dignostic later?
I noticed that on the EP3, there is no cap/rotor. What do I have to check/replace for the tune-up?

Thanks

FoReVaPmP
06-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Might have a busted Motor Mount.

tigerpg
06-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Might have a busted Motor Mount.

It doesn't happend everytime... that's the problem...

T_Virus
06-02-2008, 12:22 PM
What other mods do you have? Maybe you might have essm or etd?

talonXracer
06-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Tune-up at 96Km includes checking the coolant, oil change for the engine and trans, replace cabin air filters, check the serpetine belt and inspecting the suspension and chassis for loose, damaged components and more than likely a brake fluid flush, and inspect the pads and rotors. That is about it. It wouldnt hurt to check the valve lash as well.

03civsi
06-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Motor mounts sound logical. I'd say take it to the dealer

05silversi
06-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Maybe you might have essm or etd?
Vibe at ldle? Check for upgraded mounts.

Draw7Seven
06-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Hello everyone,

My Civic 2002 SIR(Canadian version) has 96000km right now. When I'm on the neutral gear, I felt an unusual vibration from the front. Even the passenger side can felt that. I'm not sure where the vibration comes from. While I'm driving, I don't feel any of that. Only while I'm waiting for the green light.
I bought this EP in 2 weeks ago, the seller told me that I have to do the tune-up.
Now, should I do the tune-up first and start the dignostic later?
I noticed that on the EP3, there is no cap/rotor. What do I have to check/replace for the tune-up?

Thanks

Heck yeah get the tune-up first. With any luck they might see something and say "Hey your _____ is loose!" If not, it makes sure that everything is up to date and that you have a problem NOT included in their checkup. That's half the diagnostic right there.

EPSpeedKing
06-02-2008, 09:06 PM
I think its the motor mounts also. Take it to the dealer and get it checked out.

mikhsoj
06-04-2008, 01:40 AM
i fourth that motor mount. as the car gets older, the urathane bushings get worn out.

Honad
06-04-2008, 07:56 AM
I'm going to have to say motor mount too.

jtyler05si
06-04-2008, 08:49 AM
ya im gonna have to say its your subwoofer...

.i would check to make sure its not aftermarket then take it in like everyone and there dog is saying on this thread

tigerpg
06-12-2008, 09:27 AM
No Subwoofer.
I feel a little loose feeling when I'm accelerating on my steering wheel too.
What I also noticed that when I turn the ventilation on, the car rattle little bit more... It's getting annoying, I have to see the mechanic.

SyckSiR
06-12-2008, 01:37 PM
No Subwoofer.
I feel a little loose feeling when I'm accelerating on my steering wheel too.
What I also noticed that when I turn the ventilation on, the car rattle little bit more... It's getting annoying, I have to see the mechanic.

he was joking. you are probably going to find that you have a torn front mount, just replace it with an innovative one.

SyckSiR
06-12-2008, 01:47 PM
ya im gonna have to say its your subwoofer...

.i would check to make sure its not aftermarket then take it in like everyone and there dog is saying on this thread

their not there, there is like "over there!"