PDA

View Full Version : outrageous install prices?

jtyler05si
06-02-2008, 10:53 AM
so i called some local shops and they all seem like idiots (long stories). But anywho, they all quoted $400 plus:mconfused: for install of eibach sporlines and eibach camber kit.

Is this really how much it costs???:frusty: Fucking rediculous... if so, i am for sure doing it myself.

i guess i need to keep calling. i know of a really good shop, but i dont remember the name...driving me insane!!!

beechstreet
06-02-2008, 10:57 AM
hell yeah thats rediculous! i only paid $120 for install of springs and it only took them like an hour and a half

fungkeyfresh
06-02-2008, 10:59 AM
yeah $400 is crazy. i had my bcrsd's installed for $160 i think. when i had springs i installed em along with a buddy of mine.

jtyler05si
06-02-2008, 11:04 AM
ya i remember reading about 100 dollars or so for the install...
i understand what it takes to do springs. is it a lot more labor to add in the front/rear camber kits? Plus they were bitching about getting it aligned, that shouldn't be that expensive.
fuck, i wish i could remember that shop... i went there and those guys actually knew what they were talking about...

devious05
06-02-2008, 01:28 PM
i had a shop quote me $350 a few years ago to do my 95 civic but that included install of springs, camber kit, and alignment. but i did everthing but the alignment myself because i thought it was too much $

EP3Casas
06-02-2008, 03:11 PM
do it yourself! get your hands dirty a little bit its your car bond with it and save some green.

if you cant do it yourself find some1 who knows how to and they will still b cheaper than 400

jtyler05si
06-03-2008, 05:32 AM
yeah, i dont mind doing it my self... i just dont know about the whole compressing of spring on this car... the install talks about **spring compressor tool thing**. i have never installed springs on a car. i have installed lifts on trucks though.
how is installing springs and camber kit? effort? time? tools??

paulmofyourhand
06-03-2008, 05:52 AM
drive to davis's house in fort worth :P

talonXracer
06-03-2008, 06:12 AM
Alot of shops I know of have raised their hourly rates to almost if not over 95$ an hour.

Distance
06-03-2008, 06:29 AM
around 120 sounds right.

jtyler05si
06-03-2008, 06:51 AM
drive to davis's house in fort worth :P

not so sure about that... once i add in gas money:mcry:, it will not be any better than some i could find around here...

jaeguyoon
06-03-2008, 07:20 AM
i didn't use a spring compressor. but even if you wanted to use one, just go rent one.

Drew1d
06-03-2008, 10:01 AM
so i called some local shops and they all seem like idiots (long stories). But anywho, they all quoted $400 plus:mconfused: for install of eibach sporlines and eibach camber kit.

Is this really how much it costs???:frusty: Fucking rediculous... if so, i am for sure doing it myself.

i guess i need to keep calling. i know of a really good shop, but i dont remember the name...driving me insane!!!

That's pretty Steep. I would think,
$150 install
$75 align,
$45 Butt-rape tax

so $270 would be more like it.

EPSpeedKing
06-03-2008, 10:26 AM
yea that's a rip off, do it yourself or find another shop.

silver hatch
06-03-2008, 09:57 PM
I would understand worrying about messing up something with the springs, but I'd at least put in the camber kit. Don't pay more than $200 for a spring install with an alignment.

dichotomous
06-04-2008, 11:07 AM
dont worry about a spring compressor, the fronts are so weak that you can just push down on the spring seat and it will take pressure off the mount to remove it, let go gently and its good to go, this is even with higher rate RSX-s springs, did it last weekend. rears you can leave the upper mounts in place and let the rear arm drop slowly (hydro jack) and you are good to go. the rear lower mount bolts might make a problem for you though, they dont like to let go.

Drew1d
06-04-2008, 12:44 PM
the rear lower mount bolts might make a problem for you though, they dont like to let go.

Spray (and freaking soak it) with Liquid Wrench everyday for 2 weeks, it will come off but be a b#$%.

dichotomous
06-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Spray (and freaking soak it) with Liquid Wrench everyday for 2 weeks, it will come off but be a b#$%.

not always, mine dont, soaked it twice a day, everyday. gonna have to cut them off, but thats ok cause I got new shocks anyways

jjr007
06-05-2008, 09:39 AM
not always, mine dont, soaked it twice a day, everyday. gonna have to cut them off, but thats ok cause I got new shocks anyways
Yeah that, I did the same, I got the drivers side loose by putting a floor jack under the wrench, but I could never get the passenger side loose, had to drop the whole lower control arm and shock together. If I ever have to change out my Konis, I will probably just torch them out.

dichotomous
06-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Yeah that, I did the same, I got the drivers side loose by putting a floor jack under the wrench, but I could never get the passenger side loose, had to drop the whole lower control arm and shock together. If I ever have to change out my Konis, I will probably just torch them out.

floor jack just bent the 18" long torque wrench and started lifting the car with it..... I belive its safe to assume I will be using fire

mormonboy
06-05-2008, 11:53 PM
save yourself the money, borrow some tools (if you dont have them), and a buddy for a

day, and do it yourself.

it is not even hard. its prolly the most basic thing you can do to your car. you'll learn a

lot as well.

good luck.

dichotomous
06-06-2008, 06:47 AM
save yourself the money, borrow some tools (if you dont have them), and a buddy for a

day, and do it yourself.

it is not even hard. its prolly the most basic thing you can do to your car. you'll learn a

lot as well.

good luck.

yeah, impact wrench, long torque wrench and a jack underneath lifting the car by the torque on the bolt without the bolt moving..... even heated it up a little and nothing.... top mounts are fine and dandy though, complete opposite of my front pass strut, comes off the car easy enough, shock mount cold welded to the shaft.

I called the shop back and they now say they want $300 to do it, JUST THE REAR SHOCKS AND SPRINGS! now THATS outrageous.
looks like I am buying a tank of acetalyne for my friend and we'll have another thursday night work session on the shocks.