PDA

View Full Version : Clearcoat comming off?!

bn199
06-03-2008, 02:47 AM
Ahh my i just found a spot where my clearcoat is coming off. Is there a quick solution to this?

Deadphishy
06-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Ahh my i just found a spot where my clearcoat is comming off. Is there a quick solution to this?

only quick fix i know of is scuffing up the surrounding area and reclearing the are and blending it into your factory paint. Not easy to do.

powdbyrice
06-06-2008, 09:27 AM
the clear is starting to flake off my oem wing. looks like dandruf. =(

upside is, repainting/refinishing might cost as much as a new wing, so HFP might be in my future. =)

hinkle
06-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Just have the whole panel re-cleared.

jw1
06-25-2008, 09:18 PM
I live in AZ and my rear wing peeled after 5 years. Turned out to be cheaper to just buy a new one from Honda already painted. The plastic panel on the rear is now starting to flake so I will probably get one of those from Honda soon. It is much cheaper to get those parts than to have them painted at a shop.

RollinCivic
06-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Ahh my i just found a spot where my clearcoat is coming off. Is there a quick solution to this?
When it comes to paint and flaking off, there is never a quick solution. Is it flaking off bad, or just starting to rub through or what? (any pictures?) Also where is it happening at? Im guessing the whereabouts are on the top half of the car?

It might just be easier to get the whole panel re-painted. If its your roof then i would two tone it :eyebrows:

Windchaser
06-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Get me some pictures and I might be able to help you out.

thetunersource
07-01-2008, 01:40 PM
man my hood and fender have been peeling for awhile now, i gotta get them repainted.

JohnyBlaze
07-02-2008, 07:53 AM
Is the clearcoat really coming off, or just hazing? If it's hazing, you can do a 1 or 2-step machine buffing to repair it. I've had it done to my car and it's miraculous.

If the clearcoat is really coming off, that suck -- how / why does this happen?