PDA

View Full Version : MSD rev limiter

civicsipower03
06-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Has anyone heard or used this software i had a very bad case of a mishift blown my entire head luckuly just the head not the block this msd rev limiter is designed so that no matter how hard you try you can't blow your motor do to overraving it also helps with 1/4 mile times im going to get one soon.

bdooley
06-03-2008, 02:55 PM
why not kpro? or just dont mis-shift

4angrybadgers
06-03-2008, 03:29 PM
How is it supposed to prevent a physical over-rev (such as from a misshift)? It would have to disengage the clutch/transmission to prevent that.

The stock ECU (and reflash/Kpro) already cut fuel above the rev limiter, which I assume the MSD limiter does, and which won't do jack shit to protect against a physically forced over-rev.

edit: I assume this is what you're talking about. http://www.msdignition.com/ignition_6_6420.htm It's the same principle as the regular limiter - you cut fuel or spark to prevent the throttle from revving the engine too high. Again, a mechanically-forced over-rev can happen even if the spark and fuel are both cut. It's simply because the car's momentum (transmitted through the wheels and transmission) is turning the engine too fast for the internals to handle.

dobbs02si
06-04-2008, 05:02 PM
I just happen to have called msd last week about a soft touch to help make some boost(lower than 7200 lol). I talked to 2 diff people and they said they have nothing that works on our car yet, not even the DIS ign. box will work on ours.