PDA

View Full Version : -4kg/mm dampening?

Kaiten
06-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm looking to install a suspension setup that's good for my handling, but smooth for daily commuting on crappy roads.

I came across a good deal on buddy club racing spec coilovers, which are dampening adjustable. the maximum softness is -4kg/mm, I'm not sure how this setting would feel on the street: as soft as stock? almost? more? I want to keep the ride pretty soft (not much harsher than stock) but I'd like the car to handle better and be lower.

There's also a good deal on Tein S-tech springs, but they drop about 1.4", which I think would hurt my handling on my stock dampers rather than improve it, and also make my ride for daily driving on bad roads worse since it would cut down my suspension travel... right?

Any help would be great guys, thanks. I'm counting on your guys' expertise!

Kaiten
06-04-2008, 09:07 AM
any input from those running on adjustable dampers?

Zzyzx
06-04-2008, 09:32 AM
damper valving, depending on what gets adjusted may or may not have much of an effect on ride quailty.

For example, Buddy Club RSD's only adjust rebound valving... meaning adjusting from full soft to full stiff will have a minimal effect on ride quality.

Where as the Teins such as the SS & Flex have dampers that adjust both bump & rebound. And adjusting bump will have a drastic influence on ride quality.

the RSD's would be by far the better damper if you are trying to tune the car to handle as well as possible. Where as the Flex & ss could be considered better for a street car, where ride quality is more important.

Kaiten
06-04-2008, 02:07 PM
fantastic, thanks for the info.