PDA

View Full Version : Front passenger side endlink clunking

SiR R8TD
06-03-2008, 08:06 PM
I was hearing a thump resonating through the floor whenever I'd go over a slight bump in the road. The sound was coming from the passenger side. When I grabbed a hold of the sway & shook it, I'd heard the same clunking noise. It's safe to say that the endlink has crapped out on me. I'm running a TODA 25mm front sway. How well would another set of oem endlinks hold up, or should I go the aftermarket route? Another qtn, does anyone have any experience w/ the Hotchkis 24mm rear sway bar, how does it perform?

ep_hatcher_510
06-03-2008, 08:08 PM
I was hearing a thump resonating through the floor whenever I'd go over a slight bump in the road. The sound was coming from the passenger side. When I grabbed a hold of the sway & shook it, I'd heard the same clunking noise. It's safe to say that the endlink has crapped out on me. I'm running a TODA 25mm front sway. How well would another set of oem endlinks hold up, or should I go the aftermarket route? Another qtn, does anyone have any experience w/ the Hotchkis 24mm rear sway bar, how does it perform?

another set of oem end links might hold or just break again later on, best route is to get a set of stronger aftermarket ones.

SiR R8TD
06-03-2008, 08:11 PM
another set of oem end links might hold or just break again later on, best route is to get a set of stronger aftermarket ones.

I'm looking into a pair of Hotchkis links, any other's?

ep_hatcher_510
06-03-2008, 08:14 PM
you can look at the endlink corsport sells.

talonXracer
06-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I have the Hotchkiss with the zerk fittings and rubber boots and they are nice, but the exterior rusts quickly. These are from just a single winter.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/IMG_07591.jpg

SiR R8TD
06-03-2008, 08:19 PM
I have the Hotchkiss with the zerk fittings and rubber boots and they are nice, but the exterior rusts quickly. These are from just a single winter.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/IMG_07591.jpg

My EP only sees summer. Anything info on the corsport ones?

SiR R8TD
06-29-2008, 10:30 AM
ok, just had the hotchkis links installed. the clunking sound is gone, but when I go over certain bumps I hear a kind of vibration/rattle from the front suspension. can this be my steering rack or the strut bearings?